Upstate NY Babies
Options

Telyco

I just wanted to let you know I don't how you get on the treadmill at night... I give you tons of credit!

I missed the daycare time at the gym yesterday morning, so I went in the afternoon, around 4:30. I was so exhausted, every minute on the treadmill felt like an eternity! I only did a quick 30 minute cardio workout, and I felt like I was there for hours.

If I ever pushed my workout till after E went to bed I'm 99% sure I would end up finding an excuse to NOT workout (like plopping my butt on the couch w/ a glass of wine and Dexter!) 

Re: Telyco

• Options

Haha - thanks for the credit, I'll take it!

I just put the kids down for their naps and put my feet up for a bit...so I am having my daily emotional/mental fight on whether to clean, rest or exercise. I TRY to do it during naps but I am usually so pooped that I like the break...so when night comes I am FORCED to do it. I think my mind knows that I HAVE to do this...unlike most other times when I'd like to do it.

I HATE those days where the workout seems to last forever. I have those - but also get a few of those "blink and I've ran for 20 minutes already" types of days...granted, those don't come too often. I so wish I was one of those gals who liked to exercise...but I sooooo don't.

But I must say - having a treadmill at home makes it a lot easier to workout at night. If I had to drive to the gym, I probably wouldn't :) So I'm sending some credit right back to you!! Esp with lugging a toddler there and back.

The treadmill is also in the playroom right now - which doesn't have any window treatments as of yet so I turn the lights out so the neighbors can't see me. I just told DH last night that I think that helps me - I'm not looking around or checking the monitor...I'm deep in thought and can't see anything to distract me. 

• Options
    imageTelyco:

But I must say - having a treadmill at home makes it a lot easier to workout at night. If I had to drive to the gym, I probably wouldn't :) So I'm sending some credit right back to you!! Esp with lugging a toddler there and back.

see, I'm the total opposite. I used to have a treadmill, and I sold it because it literally was used as a clothes hanger! Once I get to the gym, I'm there... so I workout. If it was at home I'd keep making excuses of why I don't want to workout, and say "later" then before I knew it I'd be parked on the couch at 9 o'clock and not have gotten on the treadmill.

And, it's actually a little break for me to go to the gym. Evan LOVES the playroom, he runs straight to it when we walk in and never wants to leave. I get an hour of "me" time, and he gets to play w/ other kids... so it's good for both of us!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha! Our treadmill has definitely hung a lot of clothes too...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"