Eco-Friendly Family
Options

NEFR: travelocity

We're looking to book a little mini vacation. We know which hotel we want to use and found it for slightly cheaper on Travelocity. I'm trying to figure out if booking through travelocity is really the best option. I'm worried that the hotel will be less but that Travelocity will charge me for them to book it at the cheaper rate, making it cheaper to book with the hotel directly. Does that make sense? Does anyone know? I feel like I booked a plane ticket several years ago through a discount site and ended up paying something like $30 to use their service. In that case it was still cheaper, but I want to make sure I don't screw myself. Our budget is pretty tight and I don't want to screw it up! :-)

thanks

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: NEFR: travelocity

• Options
    What if you call the hotel directly & tell them the rate you see on Travelocity & see if they'll match it?  Couldn't hurt!
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options
    njh514njh514 member

imageCABunny:
    What if you call the hotel directly & tell them the rate you see on Travelocity & see if they'll match it?  Couldn't hurt!

Great idea! (Why didn't I think of that?) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCABunny:

Ditto. That has worked for me in the past. I've also just straight up asked for a room for $X. I've been able to get them to come down on the price quite a bit that way too.

• Options
    CD+ALCD+AL member
    There should be a screen that shows you all the fees and the total charge before it charges your CC and finalizes the reservations.  I always use that page to compare sites b/c the fees are so different from one site to another.  FWIW, it hasn't seemed to matter in terms of customer service if I booked directly with the hotel or a discount site for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"