Cincinnati Babies
Options

Suddenly my prego symptoms are gone?!

Hi Everyone, I am a very excited first time expectant mom.  My husband and I just found out and we are almost 5 weeks. I know it is early, but we are still very excited; it is hard not to be.  I have had symptoms for the last two weeks and when I woke up this morning they are gone.  Is this normal?  I was at the doctor Wednesday and they confirmed my HCG levels are high and I find it hard to believe I should be feeling this good. 

BabyFetus Ticker imageimage

Re: Suddenly my prego symptoms are gone?!

• Options
    I think it's normal to freak out about it, because I certainly did. I never had any of the symptoms that everyone talks about. I was really tired for a while, but that was it. No sickness, no soreness, nothing.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Congratulations! I remember feeling just like you when was pregnant for the first time. I felt no different and it was driving me crazy. I remember anxiously awaiting my 12 week appointment to get real confirmation of my pregnancy via the heartbeat. I would try not to worry (although that's easier said than done!) and just try to enjoy the symptom-free days. It won't be long before your belly will be nice and round and there'll be no mistaking that you are pregnant! :)
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NimakNimak member

Thank you so much for the quick responses and for the Congrats!  We are very excited.  I am waiting on the doctor to call back with my numbers now.  I was tested two days ago and I have a very high HCG level and my progestrone levels are good too.  They tested me agian today to make sure that they have doubled.  When I woke up this morning and felt fine I could not believe it.  I would not say I miss the gross metal taste in my mouth, the sore breast or the occassional cramping, dizziness and sick feeling, but I want it back!  I can handle that more than feeling normal.  If these test are good our first ultra sound is going to be in two weeks, every step is a little relief followed by anticipation for the next appt.  I just wish the doc would call back already, apparently randomly checking my phone every few minutes does not make them call any faster :)

• Options
    Your symptoms will come and go..its normal, no worries!!!! A lot of symptoms doesn't = healthy pregnancy just like little/no symptoms doesn't = somethings wrong. You will find through the course of the 9 months they come and go. Congratulations to you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Your symptoms will come and go, and change along the way.  If you are lucky like my sister, you will end up with no symptoms at all through 1st tri.  Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Options
    NimakNimak member
    Thank you everyone!   We are so excited to be prego.  We can hardly believe it, we were very blessed after two months of trying.  God Bless the couple that tries for a long time.  I have a few friends that tried for over a year or more and I have no idea how they dealt with it. 
  • Options
    Congrats! We are pregnant with our first baby too... almost 14 weeks. I freaked out when I first started feeling better too, even though the icky feelings were no fun. Don't worry. Like everyone has said, feelings will come and go. Eventually, you get used to not feeling gross that when you get sick again, it is a total bummer. But as soon as your belly starts rounding, nothing else seems to matter except knowing that you have your baby whether you are feeling sick or great. 
  • Options
    NimakNimak member

Congrats to you and thanks for your post!  Clearly I am feeling a little stressed again this morning, because I am once again reading this post to make myself feel better.  The metal taste in my mouth is back and it is actually welcome.  :)  I have slight cramping, but no bleeding.  I am not one to wish my life away, but I cannot wait for next week to be over so I can get my first ultra sound.  I am hoping I will calm down after I hear our babies heart beat.  The not knowing is the worst. 

All the best to you and your new baby, I cannot wait to be the one farther along making the new mommies to be feel better. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"