Snarky and T-TTC

? for IVF'ers

If you did BCP's before beginning stims...Did you avoid alcohol and caffeine while on BCP's also? They said no caffeine/alcohol for the cycle. I know I can ask the RE's nurse, I just thought I'd ask you girls first. We'll be on vacation when I'm on BCP's so I'm wondering if I'll be alcohol free for our vacation.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? for IVF'ers

• I didn't fully cut out caffeine or alcohol until I started injections. I did start to cut back both though when I started bcp's, mainly so it wasn't a sudden stop of caffeine. I say enjoy a few drinks on your vacation.
  • I know a 40something person who did a full cleanse for 90 days before her cycle - no alcohol, no caffeine, no dairy, etc. and she got some pretty awesome eggs and embryos. I wish I had cut all that out sooner
  • Loading the player...
  • Dip-dairy too? I wasn't aware that had an affect (or effect, whatever)...
  • I was told to avoid the alcohol and caffeine while stimming, not while on the bcp's.  I say enjoy some drinks on vacation!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageJenny829:
    I was told to avoid the alcohol and caffeine while stimming, not while on the bcp's.  I say enjoy some drinks on vacation!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • imageGnomeLuv:
    I didn't fully cut out caffeine or alcohol until I started injections. I did start to cut back both though when I started bcp's, mainly so it wasn't a sudden stop of caffeine. I say enjoy a few drinks on your vacation.

This.  Same for both cycles - BFN and BFP.  I wasn't on BCP but I used both right up until the day I started injections.  GL!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Same as the others. I cut it out when I started injections. I say enjoy your vacation!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She also cut out gluten - I think dairy and gluten were just to be safe, since they are the two most common foods that cause inflammation
  • I did not cut it out completely but did cut back. My RE said if you do not suspect any issues with egg quality, you shouldn't have to cut out anything or change your diet.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the advice! I appreciate the opinions!
  • No i didnt cut it out until I started stims.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards