Working Moms
Options

Nanny Issues

I don't normally post, but I have had some issue arise and was hoping for some advice. We have had a nanny for 6 months and things just seem off. First she is very nice almost too nice if that makes sense. She is a push over and lets the kids walk all over her. I gave her a schedule for the kids as well as a copy of our house rules. The rules are simple stuff for the kids. Such as no yelling, hitting, respect one another. Well she seems to not enforce them at all. I call the house and it sounds like I have a zoo in my living room. She is there to watch my 2 younger boys my older son is off for the summer, but he is almost 14 and care for himself if he is not at camp. Here is the big problem I am having today. The nanny took my kids to a park that is close to my Dads house. When they get there my 3yo has to go potty. She calls my 13yo and ask him to walk to the park and then take his brother to my dads to use the bathroom. This really agrivated me since I don't expect my son to have to care for his brothers and that is why I have a nanny. Please let me know how you woul dhandle all of this as I am ready to flip out. Thank you.
Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Nanny Issues

• Options
    Honestly, asking your 13 yo to help is the least of the problems in my mind!  All the rest of it is reason, to me, to find someone new. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    If something seems "off" to you that should be good enough. Trust your instincts.  Time for a new nanny. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would find a new nanny because all of the other things you mentioned.  Her letting them walk all over her, is enough IMO to get rid of her.

• Options

It sounds like a bad fit.  My cousin had a nanny who was absolutely wonderful with babies, but as her DD got older she saw that the nanny wasn't good at setting boundaries and enforcing rules.  Maybe your nanny is not well qualified for your kids' age range, as nice as she may be.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    agree with PPs. All the things you said before you mentioned the problem of her asking your DS to help were reasons to get a new nanny. If you feel "off" about ANYTHING with your nanny, time for a new one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"