High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Odd GD question

So, this AM I tested and my fasting # was 94.  Itested on my right hand which I don't normally use but my left is getting a little sore.  This is high for me.  My number is usually 80-85.  So, I washed my hands again and tested on my left hand... my number was 87?

What's going on?  Has anyone had this happen? What do you think my real number was?

I of course wrote the 87 in my log book...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Odd GD question

• Options
    Is it possible you maybe had something on your hands when you tested the first time?
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options

Record them both and explain to whoever checks your log what happened.

I actually asked about this a while back - with my first pregnancy I tested on both hands all the time an never noticed a difference. This time I have stuck to testing on my left hand to have my right free for DD since it sometimes takes a few minutes for my finger to stop bleeding. The one day I tested on my right hand I got a ridiculously high number. I now stick to my left only again. No clue why it is that way, but others said they had experienced the same thing.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was probably something on your hands! I have had this same issue a couple of times myself and realized it was because I was preparing food for my child (like watermelon!) or handing her her gummy bear vitamins, etc and so I washed my hands and tried again and it was much, much lower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I washed my hands both times before testing... my hands were clean.  Weird.
  • Options

imagePattern:
    I washed my hands both times before testing... my hands were clean.  Weird.

that is very weird then! Who knows why each hand would have different BS levels??? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've experienced this too, lately.  Not sure what the reason is.  For instance, I've noticed that my right pointer finger is higher than the one on my left hand for fasting values.  I wash both hands before testing and test within 30 seconds, so I don't know what is going on. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't know... it is helpful to know it has happened to someone else.  I sleep on my side of course... my it has to do with circulation... I get up wash my hands and test???

I will probably write both numbers in my book and just make a note.

THANKS!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"