Stay at Home Moms
Options

SO I'm supposed to get my tattoo today...

...as per my 30 things before I'm 30 list...but my OCD is totally kicking my butt about it.  I'm afraid if I get it, it will be bad luck, and something bad will happen to DD...sometimes I wish I had a "dimmer" for my brain.  *sigh*

Re: SO I'm supposed to get my tattoo today...

• Options
    DochasDochas member
    Couldn't "decide once and for all that I don't want one" be on your list instead?
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you're having any thoughts about not doing it, then don't. It's permanent and painful and maybe you can change your list to be...didn't get a tattoo that I will regret for lifetime before I was 30. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 7 tattoos and I love them. I have my kids on my legs, my little sister on my back and a few others. I am not trying to talk you into anything but I personally love mine and I love my tattoo artist. If you really do want to get one I would suggest looking into some tattoo shops and meeting an artist and looking at their work.
  • Options
    Like the PP said, I love my tats (I have 5)...but I also have never had any doubts about them. My husband has anxiety and regrets one of his tats, and really wants it removed, and it bothers him A LOT. If you are having any doubts now, I don't think you should go ahead and get it, at least not today. Think about it more.
  • Options
    I'm also with the love mine group, but they definitely aren't for someone if they have any doubt.  I have 3, including one right between my shoulders that says "princess" that I got when I was 20.  I'm sure many people see that one and think trashy, but to me it represents a time in my life where I was single, spoiled, and lived life to the fullest.  All of mine can also be covered up with clothes easily.  I wouldn't like them as much if they were visible all the time like on an arm of ankle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree, if you have ANY doubt, don't do it.

I have 2, a daisy on the right side of my lower back and on my ankle I have mine and DH's first initials intertwined and surrounded by 3 stars, each one the color of the kid's birthstones. I don't regret either of them and had no doubt getting them.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"