Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

When did DC learn to pedal a tricycle?

DS is almost 2 and has not get grasped how to pedal his tricycle. DS is our first child so I am wondering when most kids are able to do this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did DC learn to pedal a tricycle?

• Options

Alex can't...but we live in the country and the roads are not good for biking on...so we don't "practice" much at all.  

imageimage
  • Options
    My son just learned in the last few weeks. (he's 31 mos) I think his motivation was his friend/neighbor (same age) who knew how to ride a tricycle and he wanted to "ride bikes"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When her legs were long enough to fully extend with the pedals! She's almost 29 months.  Having her watch others helped. 

• Options
    DS has one and will try the pedals but he is not strong enough to push them yet and usually just scoots along instead (turned 2 in Feb).  He will keep his feet on the pedals for a bit if we push him. 
  • Options

imageNewMommaNat:
    DS has one and will try the pedals but he is not strong enough to push them yet and usually just scoots along instead (turned 2 in Feb).  He will keep his feet on the pedals for a bit if we push him. 

This is us too.  Ds 2 in Feb, not strong enough.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

KJ learned at about 33 months

• Options
    I'm still waiting. He understands, but just doesn't want to do it. He doesn't really like his bike, so I can never get him on it. He really just wants to run everywhere. I'm starting to get embarrassed that he can't ride with the neighbor kids. 
  • Options
    Both my girls finally were able to do this at about 33 months. I think some kids master it earlier and others it takes some time.
  • Options
    dd was pedaling by 28 months. She is a very determined little girl though and we are outside all.the.time. She really couldn't before bc she couldn't reach the pedals.
  • Options
    about a month ago - so at 30ish months.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Alex26Alex26 member
    DS just started about a week ago, and he's going to be three in October.  But I think its because he couldnt reach the pedals until now.  He's a tiny little guy!!
  • Options

my little dude is 26 months and he can do it although mostly goes backwards. The real trouble is he doesn't understand how to steer so it ends in lots of running into things and frustration. He is obsessed with his bike though so maybe thats why he can pedal

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

• Options
    ss+elss+el member
    DS got his tricycle for his 2nd birthday (Oct.) and "rode" it around the house all winter (wood floors). He got the hang of pedaling after a few months and it took him a good 6 months to figure out how to steer. I'd say your DS is a little young to worry about it yet. He'll get it. :)
  • Options
    I can't remember how old my older girls were when they learned (they are 9 and 7 now) but it was before they turned 3.  My third turned 2 in May and she still can't reach the pedals.  It looks like it might be awhile before she can reach them.  She is constantly trying though lol.
  • Options
    My son learned this month and he is 26 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My 32 weeker is now 3.5!
  • Options

Last July she started to ride her tricycle.  She would have been 2 years and 3 months old.  This summer she is riding a 2 wheel bike with training wheels.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"