3rd Trimester
Options

Opinions on when to take baby out after birth

2»

Re: Opinions on when to take baby out after birth

• Options
    Well my pediatrician isn't affilitated with the hospital I'm having LO at, so I'll have to take her out about 1 week old, so she can get her checkup. Not too sure on where else I would go, but if I have to go to store or market, DH will just go, until Im ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is NO WAY you could keep me cooped up in the house for that long. We took DS out with us to dinner and to the grocery store during the first week. It was so nice to get out of the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went to the grocery store the day we came home from the hospital :) Daddy hovered over her like a mad person though and glared at anyone who looked like they might come within 32567 feet of her, lol.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    We were out with DD#1 within the first week.  IMO, kids (including newborns) should not live in a bubble.  You obviously take precautions to keep people out of their faces, but I really don't see the point of secluding them for that long.  That said, DD#1 is one of the healthiest kids I know.  She's only ever had one ear infection and a couple of colds in the last 3+ years.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I plan on staying out of public places for the first 8 weeks. 
  • Options

I would go absolutely crazy if I had to stay home for 6-8 weeks!

My Dr. said I could start going out for walks the next day if I was feeling up to it. Yes people will wash their hands when they touch baby and if they are sick then are not welcome to come to visit until they are feeling better.

I'm an ER nurse and it is totally common for a new nurse mom to bring the baby to work to show them off.....often within the first week of life. The kids are all doing well and have not been sick recently. 

My good friend took her 2 week old for a road trip across the province to see family. I also just dropped her off at the airport with baby today and he is 6 weeks old. Hasn't been sick yet. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"