2nd Trimester
Options

FYI - Bio Oil

I saw several people on here using BIo Oil on their bellies and I just wanted to let you guys know that it contains Retinyl Palmitate which is a type of Vitamin A and may not be recommended for pregnant ladies. Just learned this the hard way by spending $15 on it and then realizing it contained RP.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FYI - Bio Oil

• Options

yup - it's a good vitamin to ingest, but not to slather ALL over your skin.

also - check this out if you want to really use it  https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/160511/Bio-Oil_Scar_Treatment/

sorry if the link isn't clicky... I'm new at this ;)

ETA: it is clicky!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Hm, I used it all the time last pregnancy and my baby turned out perfect.  It worked way better than lotion to get rid of the itchiness...did nothing for stretch marks of course.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the Info. I actually am of the camp that the stuff does nothing anyway. I just use some jojoba oil when I itch. Its cheap and I got it a trader joes and it works just fine.
    DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • Options

SO upset by this! I swear by Bio Oil or the CVS generic version. I use it during the Summer and I never peel from the sun. I did, however, break out in a very itchy rash on my stomach yesterday - but I used it on Sunday so I don't know if it was from that or something else. I used it while pregnant with my DD and she and I are fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

In my bag: Nikon D90; 35mm 1.8, 90mm 2.8 macro (my fave), Lensbaby Composer with macro extensions. BFP after 13 cycles and one ectopic. Lost left tube 5/19/10.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"