Attachment Parenting
Options

This comment takes the proverbial cake

I'm in Miami this week, visiting my parents and dozens of far-flung relatives and family friends who want some quality time with DD. We just visited one particularly sweet old woman who is 84 and saw me and my siblings grow up. She has pictures up in her house of DD, etc., to give you an idea of the relationship we have with her. Anyway, we're chit-chatting and she pats my knee and says, "so what has the doctor said about more children?" I look at her kind of blankly and she explains, "is there a medical reason you're not having more?" Ah, tact, how I miss you!
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This comment takes the proverbial cake

• Options
    Oh man! That does take the cake. So, what in the world do you say back to a sweet old lady?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
  • Options

My jaw just dropped. Holy crap, the nerve!!

If it makes you feel any better, the week Ari was born, I had at least 2 or 3 ILs ask when we were going to start working on #2, & suggest that we should really do that by the time Ari was a year old.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah some people just don't get it and some people just don't understand why you would space your kids on purpose for one reason or another. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow, that was pretty blunt and out there for her.  Before I got pregnant and had Casey I used to get comments all the time about having more, but never that direct.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageMeg&Jesse:
    Yeah some people just don't get it and some people just don't understand why you would space your kids on purpose for one reason or another. 

Or why you might have only one... I've started point blank asking people if they're financing the "next one" if they say something like that.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    Yikes! Is she tactless or just a ballsey old lady? I try to dodge a certain checker at the grocery store who loudly questions when Harper will get a brother while a line of people behind us stare waiting for an answer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Wow.  I don't think I would ever comment on someone's reproductive decisions.  I used to get it all the time before getting pregnant with DD#2 (and #1 since we waited "so long").  It is none of anyone's business.  Some of the same people that would ask when DD#1 would get a sibling made comments about how "they guess I had to hurry due to my age". 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagerainlily:

WowI don't think I would ever comment on someone's reproductive decisions.  I used to get it all the time before getting pregnant with DD#2 (and #1 since we waited "so long").  It is none of anyone's business.  Some of the same people that would ask when DD#1 would get a sibling made comments about how "they guess I had to hurry due to my age". 

Yup, this. 

• Options
    imageshaindelr:

imageMeg&Jesse:

Or why you might have only one... I've started point blank asking people if they're financing the "next one" if they say something like that.

I think I'm going to use something like this and tell people we're waiting for a backer, would they care to contribute?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerainlily:

Wow.  I don't think I would ever comment on someone's reproductive decisions.  I used to get it all the time before getting pregnant with DD#2 (and #1 since we waited "so long").  It is none of anyone's business.  Some of the same people that would ask when DD#1 would get a sibling made comments about how "they guess I had to hurry due to my age". 

WTF?? I'd be pissed

DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"