Stay at Home Moms
Options

Does your husband know how much you weigh?

Does your husband know your current weight? Would you tell him if he asked? Did he know the highest weight you hit during your pregnancy?

Random question... I just thought of it because when I went into the hospital to have my baby, the triage nurse asked me if I would like to say my weight or write it down and pass it to her since my husband was in the room. I wrote it down and she said that's what most women do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does your husband know how much you weigh?

• Options
    He knows my weight for the most part.  I'm not telling him how much I weigh right now b/c I lost weight after the baby and then gained back 5 pounds, oops!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Really?  Yes, my H knows how much I weigh- even at my "heaviest" pregnancy weight.

I can't really wrap my head around why you wouldn't want your H to know your weight.  Would that change something?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't even know my own weight, lol.  I don'town a scale and only get weighed at Dr's appts.  I could guess within 10 pounds probably, and I'm sure he could guess around the same.  I don't care if he knows how much I weigh, but I don't have any issues with my weight, I'm happy with my body, etc.  I gained 48 pounds when I was pregnant and I am pretty proud that I've lost (almost) all of it!

I did have one friend that was very uncomfortable with her DH knowing her weight, pregnant and not-pregnant.  I remember her being VERY upset that a nurse said "oh you're up 6 pounds this week" or something, in front of her DH.  However, she's about 75 pounds overweight when not-pregnant(and very unhappy with this fact), so I would assume that is why she got so upset.  She struggles a lot with her weight and is very ashamed and emberrassed about her body.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, I don't own a scale so not sure my exact weight.  I don't think DH would care or remember, though.  I told him my pregnancy weight gain each time I visited the doctor.

I don't get being embarrassed about how much you weigh when you're pregnant.  You're supposed to gain weight.  Maybe it's just my hippy soul, but I felt the most beautiful when I was really pregnant.

• Options

Yes.  He always know how much I weigh, with the ups and downs.  He can clearly see what I look like, so I don't see why I'd keep the number from him.  It isn't a big deal to me.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagegatogrrl:
    I felt the most beautiful when I was really pregnant.

I do, too. I love being pregnant :)

I'm not sure DH knows my exact weight, but he has some idea. I don't really care if he knows - he's always said he didn't care what I weigh as long as I'm healthy and weigh less than him, pregnancy excluded, LOL.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Does your husband know your current weight? I have no idea.

Would you tell him if he asked? Yes.

Did he know the highest weight you hit during your pregnancy? I have no idea.....

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

Yes, he does, and it's not a great #.  I was overweight when he met so obviously he thinks I'm attractive and I don't get why people have such an issue with and/or lie about their weight.  If someone likes the way that you look, and your husband obviously does, why does it matter?

And I know lots of women who I think look GREAT - A friend of mine is 5'11" and weighs 200 lbs. and she's hot!  And yet some people would freak at the 200 #.  (I'd actually jump for joy at it and I'm 5'9").  So silly.  Plus, it's your husband - I don't keep anything from him. 

• Options
    cjsbdlcjsbdl member
    He went with me to the doctor many times and stood beside me while I was weighed, so I'm assuming he knows how much I weighed during pregnancy. He does know how much I weigh now, because I mentioned it to him the other day--or I should say he knows if he was paying attention.
  • Options
    Yes to all of that. I've never hidden that from him.
  • Options

I'm sure I've told him my current weight, but I don't think he remembers.

Funny you mention the weight in the hospital thing.  I didn't want my DH to know how much I weighed with DS#1 (just 5lbs less than him at the very end).  I kept it from him the whole time, but then the nurse asked me for it in my room in front of DH and I was embarrassed to say it in front of him :-P   So yes, in the end he found out. 

After I had DS#1 was when I got really into exercising and such, so when I was pregnant with DS#2 I didn't have as big of a problem telling DH my weight since I didn't gain as much as I had the first time.  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    He knows.  We are both trying to lose weight so we talk about our weight to each other.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes to all of the questions.

He especially knows how much I weigh now, because I am absolutely ecstatic that I weigh 10 pounds less than I did when I got pregnant. 

• Options
    imageEnglishMajor03:

Really?  Yes, my H knows how much I weigh- even at my "heaviest" pregnancy weight.

I can't really wrap my head around why you wouldn't want your H to know your weight.  Would that change something?

Exactly this.  In fact, at my OB appointments its always DH that has to remind me how much I weighed so I can write it down when we get home.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yep.  We like to compare the pregnancies, so we talk about weight after each of my doctor visits.  It's a good laugh. : )

Don't see what the big deal is.  It's just baby weight. 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options

Nope. I hope he never does. he does know the weight on my driver's license is wrong, but he never talks about it.

One time as a joke, he told me there was a button on the bottom of the scale and it will tell the last weight. I almost had a stroke and he almost busted a gut from laughing. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options
    No way and I'm not about to tell him. When I lose 20 pounds and am back to my pre-preg state, I'll probably tell him. I'm not overweight even with the 20 pounds and he knows that (hes a Dr) but I don't care. I don't want to discuss it.
  • Options
    He knows, at least within 5 pounds or so because I don't fluctuate that much, but I doubt he cares. He knew how much I weighed at the birth of our kids. In fact, I remember comparing notes with him because I was curious if I weighed as much as he did.
  • Options

No.  He's never asked and I've never volunteered it....even when I was at my thinnest (at our wedding).  I'm pretty sure it's not something that he thinks or cares about. 

I know about what he weighs because he's mentioned how he's not happy with the amount of weight he's put on in the last few years and he threw out a number a while ago.  Since then, I'm pretty sure that number has gone up some, despite my efforts to get him to eat better.   :(

• Options

Does your husband know your current weight? No

Would you tell him if he asked? Yes

Did he know the highest weight you hit during your pregnancy? Yes

• Options

Interesting answers ... I felt beautiful during my pregnancy, but I also felt that my number sounded so much bigger than I actually looked.

One time DH picked me up, just fooling around, and joked that he could tell my weight from picking me up. He said a number that was 15 pounds lower than my actual weight and I didn't correct him and haven't brought it up since.

• Options
    He has no idea what my current weight is. I would tell him if he ever asked but he has never asked. As for my weight during pregnancy - I don't think he had a clue what I weighed. I told him after every visit and I started going weekly during my second trimester.
  • Options
    I think my husband has a good idea how much I weigh and I tell him if he asked. He also knew how much I weighed when I pregnant because we'd talk about. Like I'd say, yay I gained X lbs this week baby must be growing. Although my weight gain was on the lower side so I guess maybe I would have been more self conscience if I felt like I had gained too much (not that there is a "too much" but I mean too much for whatever was in my pregnancy head - if that makes sense)
  • Options

imagejana_86:
    He knows.  We are both trying to lose weight so we talk about our weight to each other.

This.  We both weigh ourselves on Weds so we report in to each other.  We're both about at our goal weight but we'll keep doing it because we like the accountability.  

• Options
    imageMalloryRae:

So this was my conversation with DH last night....

Me "One of the girls on my SAHM board asked if your husband knows how much you weigh.  Do you know how much I weigh?"

DH "Nope"

Me "Do you want to know?"

DH "Are you happy with the number?"

Me "Not really:"

DH "Then no.  As long as you're healthy, the number doesn't mean anything anyway."

Me "Do you know the most I weighed when I was pregnant?"

DH "I have a healthy wife and a healthy son....doesn't matter."

I love my hubby..... 

He sounds sweet. :-)

• Options
    Seeing as how DH has been to every OB appointment with me for both pregnancies, yes, he is very aware of how much I weigh.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    He knows and is fine with it. I weigh SIGNIFICANTLY more than he does so he sometimes jokes about it in a "no I can't carry you to bed, look at me" way. I also don't gain weight when pregnant (thanks to my husband's high metabolism being passed down to our babies) so if he knows my normal weight he knows my pregnancy weight. It's actually quite incredible because I literally weigh the same each week, even though the baby keeps growing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Does your husband know your current weight?  Doubt it.  He knows I am not happy with it.  He keeps telling me that he likes how I look with a little weight on me.  I think he is being sincere, but I don't like it.  It becomes a circular discussion.

Would you tell him if he asked? Yes 

Did he know the highest weight you hit during your pregnancy?  He knew how much I gained, but I doubt he knew the exact weight. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageEnglishMajor03:

This!  DH knows my current weight, my heaviest weight during pregnancy, and what I weighed prior to pregnancy.  

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    When I saw the title to this, I thought "Yay!  There are other weirdos like me," but apparently I'm in the minority.  My husband has no idea what I weigh, and I refuse to tell him when he (jokingly) asks.  I know it wouldn't change anything for him, but I'm not happy with the number and I'm not telling anyone!  Not only that, my husband has such a confused idea about what women weigh.  We watch the biggest loser together and at the end, when the ladies are all looking good, he'll say things like "How can she still weight 150?  She looks so skinny!"  And about his ex-GF who has gained a LOT of weight since they dated, he'll say "She probablys weighs like 175 now."  He really has no idea.  I kept him up to date on what I was gaining during my pregnancy (38 lbs total), and he knows I've now lost it all, he just doesn't know the exact figures.  He is always complimenting me, and I'm sure he'd be shocked at my number. He's not mean, just completely clueless. So I'll be keeping my info to my self.  Maybe once I reach my goal, I'll catch him up on all the previous numbers. 
  • Options

imageWhitePicketFence:
    Seeing as how DH has been to every OB appointment with me for both pregnancies, yes, he is very aware of how much I weigh.

DH went to every dr's appointment and had no idea of my weight. We would always go into the room first so she could check my pee/I could put down my stuff, then we'd walk over to the scale. DH knew better than to follow us.

To answer the OP, I would not tell my DH what I weighed. He does not know my highest weight during pregnancy. I dont even weigh that much (in comparison to my height, anyway), but I just feel uncomfortable talking about it.

• Options
    imageRebekah1021:

Nope. I hope he never does. he does know the weight on my driver's license is wrong, but he never talks about it.

One time as a joke, he told me there was a button on the bottom of the scale and it will tell the last weight. I almost had a stroke and he almost busted a gut from laughing. 

I don't get it.  Your DH (and everyone else, for that matter) can clearly see what size you are by looking at you.  What difference does the number make?  I'm not trying to be snarky, I just don't understand.  The number associated with your weight doesn't make you physically look any different...? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not sure but I don't care if he knows.  He shares his weight with me as well.
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, no and no!!! We speak about my weight, I tell him I want to lose weight, I tell him if a gain a few or lose a few, but I never actually tell him the number or come close to it. If he asks I would not tell him. Also, I just gave birth 3 weeks ago and throughout my pregnancy I only gained 10lbs but I was overweight to begin with, so I only ever shared my weight gain number with DH but not my actual final weight. But I did have to tell the anesthegiologist how much I weighed in the hospital and DH was standing right there...if he heard he hasn't said a peep though!
  • Options
    He knows my weight and I don't care. I'm not sure if he knows it RIGHT NOW but if he asked I would tell him. I'm not going to let my weight be some sort of stupid "secret" from anyone, especially my husband.
  • Options
    imagesnippet:
    imageRebekah1021:

I don't get it.  Your DH (and everyone else, for that matter) can clearly see what size you are by looking at you.  What difference does the number make?  I'm not trying to be snarky, I just don't understand.  The number associated with your weight doesn't make you physically look any different...? 

During my pregnancy, I would look in the mirror and feel beautiful/awesome. When I would look at the scale, I did not feel awesome. I don't think the number makes me look different, but I just have different feelings about my appearance and my number.

Also, my DH thinks I look good, but he has a skewed view of what women weigh, like the PP whose husband would watch the biggest loser results and say "how can that woman weigh 150? she looks good". My SIL went from 140 to 170 during her pregnancy, and DH estimated that she went from 115 to 200. Indifferent  I would rather have my husband thinking just that I look nice instead of thinking "she looks nice, but how can she weigh X? I thought all attractive women weighed Y". He would never say that, and maybe would never think that, but that would be my fear. It may be irrational, but it is there so I keep my number on the DL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"