Special Needs
Options

So. Peyton's MRI results.

First off, I just have to say this little girl is my hero.  She goes through so much & is still such a joy.  I was irritated they pushed us back to 1pm scan and then we got pushed back to 2pm.  She was so hungry & I had to keep her entertained for 2 1/2 hours at the hospital!  

She came out and went to the PACU around 5:30 or so.  She pulled her breathing tube out, apparently.   I totally <3 our experience at CNMC opposed to this hospital, even though its 1 1/2 hours closer.  I couldn't stay with her when she was put to sleep & she was hysterical upon waking up without us there.  (so much that she pulled the tube out!)

Her brain MRI looked good, no significant negative changes.  (speech area looks good, unaffected by stroke)

Her lumbar (from the report) doesn't look like a tethered cord, obviously the neurosurgeon has the final decision.  But, her lipoma/fatty infiltration measured 1mm on January 22nd, now it's 1.5cm (15mm).  The nurse said she hopes they measured wrong, if not it means surgery.  They are fitting us in Friday in Richmond at VCU.  

Sigh.   

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: So. Peyton's MRI results.

• Options
    I'm going to PM you in a minute
  • Options
    imagerealisticdreams:

First off, I just have to say this little girl is my hero.  She goes through so much & is still such a joy.  

I love that you started out by saying this! I think the same of my kiddo and I just hate it when he has one more procedure or surgery to go through. It breaks my heart, but it seems to just make me love him that much more! These kids are tough!

I am glad your LO is done with the procedure and hopefully she will not need surgery. Don't you just wish you could go through it all for her? Hugs to you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemskolman:
    imagerealisticdreams:

First off, I just have to say this little girl is my hero.  She goes through so much & is still such a joy.  

I love that you started out by saying this! I think the same of my kiddo and I just hate it when he has one more procedure or surgery to go through. It breaks my heart, but it seems to just make me love him that much more! These kids are tough!

I am glad your LO is done with the procedure and hopefully she will not need surgery. <B>Don't you just wish you could go through it all for her? </B>Hugs to you. 

Yes.  and I have a horrible reaction to general anesthesia, and I still wish it was me.  I think that was my bargaining phase of grief on the way home yesterday, lol. =( 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"