Food Allergy
Options

Please help me say "thanks" to a group of people with food allergies

Hi everyone - I have followed your posts for a couple of days and was hoping that you could help me out.

My husband's coworkers are amazingly generous people who threw us a wonderful baby shower last week. Originally, I had intended to send individual thank you notes to those who attended the shower and then do a group gift to place in the break room with a letter to thank everyone who has supported us (and who contributed to our cloth diaper fund). I have written and sent out the individual notes, but my husband then let me know that a number of his coworkers have severe food allergies, which threw my plans to bake them something completely out of the window.

In the office, he has people with allergies to nuts, soy, dairy, and gluten. I had hoped to make food since that's something that can be placed in the break room and left for people to eat or not as they choose, but I don't feel like I can do this without excluding at least half the people who contributed very generously.

Do you have any ideas for something nice and fairly inexpensive that I could do to express our thanks?

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas you have!

Re: Please help me say "thanks" to a group of people with food allergies

• Options
    What a nice thought -- Maybe one of those fruit arrangement things?  Or a candy bowl with individually wrapped candies (smarties and dum-dums are the most allergy friendly candy I know about!). 
  • Options

I was also going to suggest one of the fruit edible arrangement. But, rather than getting it from the company (because there could be contaminant issues with the chocolate for nut allergies, etc.) I would just suggest putting together a nice fruit tray yourself. You could also include some chocolate dip or fruit dip (made with yogurt/cool whip) but make sure they are in seperate containers on the side so there is no contamination issues.

I would also suggest making little signs or something to list what is in everything so people will know if it is safe for them or not. That's so sweet of you to think of something they can actually appreciate! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

i agree... a fruit basket... great idea!.

• Options

I also agree with fruit.  I would be hesitant to eat a baked good made by someone else if I had severe allergies even if I was told they didn't contain certain ingredients.

That is so nice of you to think of them and their allergies!  They do have Enjoy Life brand cookies that you could buy.  They are top 8 free and are pretty darn good!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you very much, ladies! I will try to put something together that looks cute with some fruit (maybe with candy thrown in). The idea about a separate chocolate dip for those who can eat dairy is great too. I really appreciate the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"