Stay at Home Moms
Options

Bummed about vacation

Can I whine?  I know there are bigger problems in the world but...

My sister goes away to a beach town with her family every year and has since her children (now teens) were born.  She has always wanted us to come for a few days but it always conflicted with our vacations.  Now that the baby is here she is dying for us to come and we were so excited.  My DH can't get a week off any time in August.  July is even hard because his managers are idiots.  Yes, they think it's fair that someone can't take any vacation in the summer.  He asked for a Mon & Tues off so we could go Sat - Tues.  He asked at the beginning of the year, explained where we were going, why it would be those 2 days.  They waited until now to respond - and denied it.

I just can't picture right now being on vacation with the baby without him.  It's such a bummer.  He's going to take the other car and come Sat - Sun.  But now we'll be driving separately and it just really bums me out.  And he doesn't even like to be alone so there's absolutely no benefit to him.  He's going to be so lonely without us - I'll at least have stuff to do. Sad

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bummed about vacation

• Options
    That does stink.  It seems really unreasonable that they don't allow him ANY vacation in the summer especially when he asked so far in advance.  And it really isn't fair that they take this long to decide if he gets those days.  What does he do that they are so difficult with this?  It certainly puts a damper on your vacation but he'll only be alone two days, so hopefully it will be fine for all of you.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

So sorry.  That is a bummer.  I would be disappointed too.  I bet though that once you are there, you and the kid(s?) are going to have a blast and while you will miss your husband, you will be glad you went and had a nice time. 

Is it possible to plan an alternate vacation when your husband can get some time off so you can still have that to look forward to, as a family?  Maybe in the fall or whenever.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is a bummer. I actually do it often. Go early on vacation I mean with DH. He gets vacation but obviously since I don't work, I can go longer to visit family or to the beach or wherever. Early on I used to get sad about it and now I look as it as a way for me to spend time alone with whoever is visiting. I know, I'd always rather have DH there but I guess I'd rather be on vacation than not. 

Try to have fun!

• Options

My DH's job is the same way, only he's the boss, and he STILL can't take any vacation time!  It's such a PITA.  Oh well.

Have so much fun at the beach!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DochasDochas member

Thanks for understanding.  DH works in a hospital - he's not a neurosurgeon or anything.  They have plenty of xray techs lol.  They claim that the union requires that the people with more seniority always get first pick (not in ANY contract).  So the same people take off during the summer and they let them do it every year.  2 different people take 3 weeks during Aug EVERY year.

We are going to take some long weekends so we'll be away.  But it's a place we go all the time.  It's just weird to go someplace neither of us has ever been and have him miss it.  We already couldn't go for a full week since he couldn't get that off and now he'll hardly be there at all.  

He has a long weekend in July and one in August.  And I think he'll be feeling under the weather sometime in July.  Maybe when my sister comes to visit. Wink

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"