Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

question-anyone think about becoming a hospital volunteer?

Hi ladies,  I have been thinking about contacting my local hospital and letting them know what my experience has been (second trimester stillbirth, and subsequent MC) and let them know if there are any women that want to contact me for support, I would be happy to go see them in the hospital and just try to be a friend and listen.  Is this a really bad idea?  Anyone else ever done something like this?  Do you think I need training?  I just feel like I need to do something constructive with this experience.... 

Re: question-anyone think about becoming a hospital volunteer?

• Options
    I like the idea. You might want to look into the group Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope (www.facesofloss.com) and start a support group or get involved with one in your area.
    BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

• Options

I think it is an excellent idea.  There is probably a person whose job it is to follow up with the moms who lose babies at the hospital....ours has one.  If not, the nurses on that floor could tell you who to talk to.  I would definitely start there and tell them you are willing to be "on call" for those who need a friend during such a sad time.

I think it is great that you want to help others!  What a wonderful way to honor your baby!

Hugs to you,

Jenn

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That's a good idea.  I was thinking of writing the hospital a letter about my experience at the Urgent Care.  It was cold and clinical..I did not feel much compassion.  I know they can't get that involved bc they would break down all the time..But I thought if there was someone that would come in and talk to me and let me know what to expect rather than getting sent home with a MISCARRIGE paper.  I was not in the frame of mind to ask questions and that is all that was communicated to me, is if I had any questions.  Soooo anyway.  I would check it out and I think I will here too...keep us updated with what you decide.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!  I think I might call the volunteer coordinator at the hospital and see what their process is-I'll keep you posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"