April 2011 Moms
Options

One thing you can't live without

As a FTM, I had no idea what I was getting into with my DD. I bought everything I thought I needed only to end up giving away half of it... The one thing I did not buy but now is the only thing we cannot live without is the NOSEFRIDA Snot Sucker! My baby is always congested and clogged up and the nosefrida works so much better than the bulb aspirator. We cannot live without it!

Re: One thing you can't live without

• Options
    The Moby wrap and hoppy. I use these things everyday. They make my life so much easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member

Hmm ... thats hard. We have used everything so far that we have received or purchased - which is nice because I dont feel like we are wasting anything.

DD really likes her bouncer. That was something that my mom/grandma bought for her around 1 month old - she is very content for a long period of time in it which has been helpful for getting work done since she doesnt care for her swing anymore. 

I also LOVE our Summer Swaddleme's - more than i did the halo sleepsacks. I like that they dont go up over her shoulders like a tank top. She sleeps through the night and that didnt start until we tried out swaddling with these - before she had the halo and hated them - she would grunt and get angry so we stopped swaddling. The summer swaddles really seem to calm her. 

The nosefrida is amazing too :) Only had to use it once so far - but much easier than the bulb. 

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bouncer and Wubbanubs

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    A&A swaddling blankets
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Boppy

My Brest Friend (I use this at night - more back support!)

Aden and Anais blankets

Ergo carrier w/infant insert

Sling

Miracle Blanket

• Options

Swaddle Me and now Halo swaddle sack. She doesn't sleep as well without them. Even with her arms out, there is something about even her torso being swaddled that keeps her sleeping well.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Bouncer Seat
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Moby. And Halo sleep sacks. I didn't have the sleep sacks the first time around and they are a God send!!
  • Options
    Leap Frog My Pal Violet :-)
  • Options
    My Baby K'Tan (although my Babyhawk Mei Tei comes today... Eeee!) and the Graco Winnie the Pooh Swing. YAY!
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

The FP Travel Swing. DD usually just wants to be held and isn't really a fan of the regular swing or bouncer seat but for some reason she really likes the travel swing. It's the only thing I can put her in and actually get something done for a few minutes. We also love the boppy.

It's so hard to gauge what you'll need/use. I registered for a bunch of stuff for DS that friends swore buy and most of it ended up not being a great fit for him.

• Options

With both Drew and now Lizzy we could get by without almost every piece of baby gear and gadget.  We're pretty minimal, but even the things we do have are just luxuries, not necessities.

But I would go insane and possibly have to run away from my family without:

miracle blanket and a pacifier

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

Joggy stroller

Moby

Travel swing 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't pick just one! Homedics soundspa lullaby- he has literally slept with this sound machine since birth. Itzbeen timer, boppy, summer infant swaddle me
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    The Rock N Play.  Without it, I don't think I would ever sleep.
  • Options
    I love our swing and stroller.  Isaac is so happy in his swing and loves to go on walks.....I would be lost without them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kje120kje120 member
    The boppy pillow and Summer Infant swaddleme wraps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    KMAXONKMAXON member

Boppy -  for feeding, propping, tummy time.  I have one for upstairs and downstairs, it seems like they are attached to me.

Summer swaddle blankets - DD has been STTN for several weeks thanks to these!  

But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageirelandsangel81:
    Leap Frog My Pal Violet :-)

We have Scout and he loves it! So cute when he says "I love you Adrian". 

Also can't live without the boppy or without the swaddle me blankets.

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    The boppy! We use it for feedings, for playtime after feedings, for tummy time and I put it behind my back when she falls asleep on me. There is nothing this thing cannot do!
  • Options
    The boppy & the bouncer! Then the activity mat :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"