Infertility Veterans
Options

What a morning it has been..(NIFR)

In the back of our office we have a storage room that houses all of our admissions and recruitment materials. The space is less than desirable, not set up in a very efficent/practical way, nasty concrete floors, ect. We are actually just starting a reonvoation to improve/increase the space.

One of my co-workers is an older lady with lots of health problems as well as some mobility issues. Earlier today she was going back into that room with our student workers and suddenly a student worker came running out and said my co-worker had fallen. I ran back there and she was laid out on the (concrete floor) mumbling, almost incoherent. I was very concerned that she had hit her head on the floor or something. We told her not to move, called 911 and thankfully they arrived soon. After much observation it was determined that she hadn't hit her head, just knocked her shoulder on a shelf on the way down and hit her knee when landing.

The emergency response workers advised her to go to the ER but she didn't want to. She called her doctor and he's able to see her at 5:00 for x-rays.

I was so concerned for her, especially when we were worried it was her head/neck. She was practically hysterical and almost worked herself into an anxiety attack.

We iced her knee but couldn't find an ace bandage to wrap the ice up with so we jimmy rigged a redneck version with a Kroger bag, a long garbage bag and packing tape. Ahh..the stuff that goes on in this office...

My nerves are shot. I need a drink.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

Re: What a morning it has been..(NIFR)

• Options

Oh, no!  I hope she is OK! 

Never a dull moment, huh??

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• Options

Oh boy. Good thing you have a clear head in emergency situations! Hope she is ok.

Here you go,M: DrinksDrinksDrinks

Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow. I hope she will be okay. My office is  totally that way too, boxes and crap everywhere. Crazy stuff happening. I am glad they are re-doing that area. Sounds dangerous and creepy!
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Good for you for being able to think quickly and clearly! I'm glad she is okay. I hope your nerves can calm down soon. Go to your happy place... ;)
    Married '02, TTC May '05

Dx -Ute cancer, DOR from cancer treatments, and embryo quality issues. NOV 2010 CANCER FREE
    2005-2011= 3 Rounds of Clomid, 5 IUI's, 3 IVF's- ALL BFN's
    After 7yrs TTC, 5yrs of ute cancer, and 11 failed IF treatments, we got a surprise BFP! So thankful!

Gemma Grace born 09/30/12

Phillipians 4:6,7

• Options

Oh my! Surprise

I'm glad she wasn't seriously hurt...I hope she's OK.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

holy crap!

i hope she's ok

and wow, what a day, you need two drinks

Drinks

Drinks 

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    Oh my goodness.  How scary!!!!  Glad she's okay. Have a drink for me too!!!
    My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"