Blended Families
Options

"So your really going to make this about you??" (Kind of longwinded...)

My MIL and GMIL have been babysitting DD (10months) for about a week and a half now.  Wasn't too fond of MIL babysitting because she has no structure and frankly she's just not very tidy.  But I didn't have a problem with it because MIL really didn't do the babysitting, GMIL did and she's the perfect Great-Granny.  Well one day back in April MIL broke out really badly on her feet and ankles and said she'd been attacked by fleas from Bliss (the lapdog that is not allowed inside) while bathing her outside.  Keep in mind we live in Texas so its hot and humid so we are no stranger to mosquitoes or any other bug you can think of.  So a few days ago two mysterious "mosquito" bites appear on DD.  We have been swimming alot so I put calamine lotion on the bites and told ILs to keep her inside because they were really ugly as if she were allergic to them, of course they agreed.  Over a few days more bites came up all over and the old ones began transforming from a little mound, to a blister to, what looked like a pimple that's been popped.  So I set a doctor's appointment for this Friday, went by the pharmacy to ask the pharmacist what I should use until we see the doctor and finally I took her to my grandmother ( a retired RN) who immediately said did you guys recently get a dog those are flea bites.  So of course I immediately thought back to MIL a few months back and her rash from fleas.  Once I told her of course she comes up with millions of reasons as to why she couldn't have possibly gotten the bites at her house (o_O) and gets all defensive and whines to DH about how I just don't like her and looking for a reason to keep the baby from her house.  When in all actuality I love saving $140 a week on childcare, and I think its a good thing to spend time with someone other than myself, DH, and Miss Cassandra at the daycare. I just assumed she would make sure her grandchild was at a safe clean place more than 8 hours a day while I am at work then school.  I can be over-protective at times but I don't wig out about little things like a mosquito bite or one isolated flea bite but there are at least 10 and as of yesterday her ear swole up and began draining.  Who defends themselves (knowing its the only logical explanation) rather than being concerned with or looking for a resolution for their grandchild?  So now I'm thinking let her play with GMIL and hope she doesn't take her around the block, literally on the next street, to MILs or take her back to daycare with people I don't fully trust?  What do you guys think??
Photobucket
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: "So your really going to make this about you??" (Kind of longwinded...)

• Options
    Tell you MIL to buy some frontline!!  Honestly its not healthy for anyone to get bit by that many bugs.  I would also ask GMIL to keep her away until MIL can get the flea's under control.  She might need to spray her yard also!!
    image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

She's right along with MIL defending her saying DD couldn't have been bitten there because she had the house exterminated after she was "attacked" back in April.  I'm thinking she might as well go back to daycare...

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a no brainer to me.  Take her to a daycare.  In my opinion it's worth every penny knowing my daugther is in a facility that has strict guidelines to follow and it's their job to protect her from such things.
  • Options

Flea bites are awful and the little buggers are hard to get rid of.  One extermination might not have done it.

I'd take her back to daycare.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options
    Hell, I wouldnt let her back into your MIL's place just to ensure that you dont have a stow away and your own subsequent infestation.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options

Yeah I agree it's worth it. I took her back to daycare starting the day after I found the bites.  I didn't call MIL or GMIL to explain anything, so I'm sure there will be "beauty shop gossip" about how I think I'm too good for their family and yadda yadda.. but I don't care I'd rather that than to hurt DH's feelings by arguing w/ his impossible mom.

DD is a daycare baby all over again; I hate it but what can you do... either they will come to their senses and do something about it MIL will just have to deal with DD being banned from her lair. Devil  TY For input ladies!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"