Northern California Babies
Options

2011, the year of tragedy... :(

I really wish I was imagining all of this.  I really wish our family didn't have to experience so much loss in such a short period of time.

DH's Godmother passed away suddenly of a heart attack on Monday.  We got the call yesterday.

DH is holding it all in and burying himself in work.  Besides our already scheduled vacation, he hasn't taken even an hour to feel anything about his Grandmothers passing (mind you we were all prepared for that one).  And now, he's planning on going back into work after DC goes to bed to work more this evening.

Services are on Friday, and I'm thankful that he's making a point to be there, I am too. 

I'm worried about him.  About the greif, about the stress, about what it's doing to his body.  The last thing we need is for him to be in the hospital.

I don't think I've ever called to my Higher Power more in my life.

Re: 2011, the year of tragedy... :(

• Options
    ugg, i am so sorry you are all going through so much right now
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  Sending my thoughts and prayers to your DH to help him get through this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

HUGS!!!  

Just remember that people deal with grief and loss in different ways.  When my FIL passed away my husband didn't take any time off work because if he was working it took his mind off of everything.  Just be there for him when he needs you and take care of yourself too!  

imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Options

I'm so sorry, J. {{{HUGS}}}

I think Janet gave good advice.  Your DH is going through his own process and all you can do is take care of yourself as much as possible so that you can be there for him when he needs you.  So hard, I know, especially b/c I think it's so in your nature to feel so deeply for the ones you love that you would rather take all their pain on yourself than have them feel the pain.  More {{{{HUGS}}}}

• Options
    When it rains, it pours. My heart goes out to you, your DH and your family. Don't forget to take care of yourself too...you'll be no good to DH when he's ready to grieve if you've worn yourself out. We're all here if you need anything.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

*Hugs* After everything has settled down, maybe he can look to see if he has EAP coverage through his employer. That way he can see a grief counselor. 

I can relate to all of this. DH lost two grandparents in one year. DH buried himself in work too. He had to approach it in his own time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    so sorry you guys have to go through so much right now, lots of hugs and prayers going out to you and your family
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Options
    Hugs!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    bunchbunch member

oof, that's so sad.  I'm so sorry for you loss and continue to keep your family in my prayers.  I hope that your DH does make the time to grieve. 

I'm so sorry.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    J, so so sorry for your loss. Sending you lot's of thoughts, prayers, and good vibes at this difficult time. {{{Big Hugs}}}
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry to hear that.  Many good thoughts to you and your husband.

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's godmother.  Lots of hugs and good thoughts headed your family's way!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry
  • Options
    So sorry that you and your family are having to go through this =(  HUGE (((hugs)))
  • Options
    Huge hugs to you and your family :(  I'm sorry you all have to deal with this on top of everything else. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of loving thoughts for all of you
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for all you and your family are dealing with right now. T&P.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, and am thinking of you and your family :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh. I am so sorry. Hang in there. :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.  One at a time is hard enough, but all at once is just too much.  Sending you lots of positive thoughts...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"