Upstate NY Babies
Options

NBR: Tired

I'm tired. Anyone know when is it normal and when it is not? I'm eating well and have been exercising for almost a month. I get about 7 hrs of sleep a night...but there have been a few that are less and a couple that are more (depending on if I fall asleep on the couch :) Yesterday I was so cranky and even took a little nap and still felt tired. I probably could have gone to bed at 9:30 but I needed to work out. Could working out late at night be the problem? Maybe when I go to bed my body isn't resting as it should?

I've also been pretty annoyed at all of Evan's appts...we have 6, 30 minute sessions all over the place and I need to make sure both are fed and played around those times...so I sort of feel like we have no time to relax, even though we do.

I got up before the kids today (they are still asleep) to see if it is more of a mental thing in wanting more time by myself or something. I guess I could be dealing with a sort of depression or stress or whatever.

Ugh - I dunno. Any thoughts?

Re: NBR: Tired

• Options

Uh oh... you know what tiredness is a sign of, right? Get AF lately?

In all seriousness though- I know for me it's been the weather. It's been so depressing with all the rain and chilly temps. All I wanted to do was sleep. I can't nap or I won't sleep at night. One good day in the sun on Monday and I feel like my battery was charged :)

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It could be the working out at night... I know I can't work out at night. A- I'm too exhausted by that point... after E goes to bed I just want to relax! and B- when I do I feel wound up for hours and can never fall asleep. I find when I work out in the morning/early afternoon it gives me energy for the whole day.

Are you eating enough? That could be a major cause too. Have you figured out your BMR and based your daily calories on that? You might need to eat more than you think. And not eating enough will totally mess w/ your metabolism and stall weight loss. Check out this link, it will tell you how many calories you should be eating a day.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I joked with DH last week that I was going to take a test - you should have seen his face.

It is probably that I am not eating enough. I definitely don't take in enough calories according to that website. I try but I am so busy and normally - I don't eat that much during the day anyway. So it's hard for me to eat MORE during the day when I'm on a diet. But I have been burning a lot of calories at night so I know I need to eat more. And at this point I am pretty sick of the usuals that I kind of lose interest. I need to look at my old Cooking Light mags!!

Ugh...

• Options

I dunno.  I have been tired all the time basically since Ty has been born.  I have been to the Dr over and over about it, but all my blood work keeps coming back normal.  If it doesn't go away in a week or so (and you don't get sick, sometimes I am even more tired when my body is fighting a cold or something) I would go to the Dr.

Have you looked into putting E into a preschool where he would get his services there?  It really is SO much easier just having all the therapy appts @ school, and I think better in general.

• Options
    I'm sorry I feel like i have been tired since Ethan was born.  I never feel truly rested.  Have you thought about getting a mother's helper or anything like that so you can get some time to yourself?
  • Options

We have looked into preschool for the purposes of getting Evan some social activity. So...I would hate to have him taken away from that to have his ST and OT. But I still should be looking more. The closest thing we have found is 25 minutes away from here and we would have to be actively potty training him - he would be the youngest kid in the "class" so he we just be too far behind them. I will probably revisit things when we go through transition in Aug/Sept. I got nowhere when asking them about preschool options before.

We have also thought about getting a helper over here - but I just don't want another person coming to the house...I am sick of keeping it clean all the time - I just want to relax and play with my kids in our pajamas! :)

The last thing we tossed around is getting a cleaning lady to come in and tackle all the extra jobs that we never have time for - and end up staying up until 3am before company comes over to catch up on it.

There just aren't enough hours in the day!

• Options
    I was also going to say you're pregnant....lol!  I say hire the cleaning person!!!  I would do it if I could get my dh to agree to it.  And I hear you as far as being tired.  In my case I just need to go to bed earlier.  I go to bed around 11:15 and get up before 5:00 :o(  I need that time though at night after the kids go to bed to relax so I end up staying up too late.  But really, I think being tired just goes along with being a Mommy.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"