2nd Trimester
Options

19 hrs and counting.... Does round ligament pain really last this long for no reason?

•  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 19 hrs and counting.... Does round ligament pain really last this long for no reason?

• Options
      From what I've read, No.  RLP should usually be just on your right side - groin area and just last a second or two.  19 hours seems ridiculous! I would call your doctor.
      BabyFruit Ticker
      Married 5/2/09
      B/G twins born 37.5 weeks 10/25/11
      Baby 3 due 5/20/15 - It's a Girl!!
    • Options
      you shouldn't really be having any pain for that long continuously, regardless of pregnancy or not. i'd definitely call your doc or go to an urgent care place. fingers crossed that it's just a pulled muscle or something.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Loading the player...
    • Options

Actually, mine lasted overall for 3 days. It hurt on and off during that time but overall, 3 days. I talked to my doctor about it and she wasn't worried.  Your muscles and ligaments don't stretch for only a few seconds, so it makes sense that the pain would last longer too. It shouldn't be continuous though. More like, it hurts then it's fine, then it hurts. More so when you cough or sneeze. That's what my doctor told me when I was hurting. 

If your really concerned though, it never hurts to ask your doctor, better safe than sorry. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Options

Yes RLP can last for days.

I was concerned and went to the doctor and they diagnosised me with Symphysis pubic dysfunction.

It's caused by a relaxation of the ligaments that normally keep the two sides of the pelvic bone tightly bound together at the symphysis pubis, the joint in the pubic area.

One side might shift more than the other when you are walking or just moving your legs ? especially if you separate them, as you would to get out of your car ? causing a world of hurt. (In rarer cases, the joint may gape apart noticeably ? a condition called diastasis symphysis pubis). Bearing any weight, in fact ? or even trying to roll over in bed ? will cause tremendous pain in the pelvis (the pubic bone will be sore to the touch), groin, hips, and sometimes the buttocks. The pain can travel down the inner thighs, and you may feel a clicking or grinding when you move.

• Options

Is this for real?

Is it a constant pain?  If so, I would have called after 1hr.

Rylee - 3.28.08
      Malakai - 8.3.09
      Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
    • Options
      You shoudln't.. But i have been having some of that and my last a few hours up to a full day, hang in there hopefully it gets better for you :)
    • Options
      Just an update. After 21 hours straight of pain, I went to the dr. They said that it was round ligament pain. They checked the baby's heartbeat and my cervix and said all would be fine to continue drinking water, resting with feet up, soak in warm bath, and take Tylenol. Sorry I couldn't put any more info in the first post. My phone will put a title, but not text in the body. 
      Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "