Washington Babies

Sick of poop

I am beginning to really lose my sh!t over the amount of poop in my house and I'm afraid that if I don't check myself it's going to lead to some nasty control issues, if it hasn't already.

N will poop 1-3 times after he is put to bed. This is in addition to a nice normal morning poop and some days a midday one.  The announcement of these poops "Mama, I pooped!!!!!!"  like it is the most exciting and funniest thing ever is going to send me to the looney bin.

I am 99.7% certain this is a stalling tactic for bedtime.  He is instantly aware of the poop which makes me wonder why a) he still seems to not know beforehand that he has to poop and b) he is seemingly unaware of poop at other times.

Part of me wants to just ignore the stalling tactic poops, but I wouldn't let my dog sleep near (let alone wearing) her poop, so there is no way in heck I'd let my child do that.

Do I do the infant nighttime tactic of no talking or other interaction and just get in, change, and get out? Or something else?

I am sick of this sh!t.

Re: Sick of poop

• Hahaha sorry this is a funny post!!! I would make him try to use the toilet before he goes to bed. That is my only thought. Tell him this is not a game and be firm. If he does poop after bed time, change Jim quickly, no talking, lights off and back to bed. I think he will realize that this game is boring. Oh and good luck!!
  • I would probably try to let him go on the pot before bed nhave him sit there for awhile and withold something he looks forward to, maybe a book? Ifbthat isnt the problem be firm in the lights out no talking during diaper change routine so it's no longer fun.
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Do I even bother with the potty seeing as how he's peed on it once in the past 6 months and has never ever gone #2 on it? 

I jsut got back from changing the third for tonight.
    I am ready to flip my bitchcake lid.

• imagepreston18:

Do I even bother with the potty seeing as how he's peed on it once in the past 6 months and has never ever gone #2 on it? 

I jsut got back from changing the third for tonight.
    I am ready to flip my bitchcake lid.

It's worth a try.  Just explain to him that he usually needs to poop now so see if he can push it out so he doesn't have to worry about it after he goes to sleep. 

• I have no advice, but I do love you and this post....you crack me up, even in your moments of insanity!!!

• Let him spend one night in the poop, maybe once he realizes how much that sucks he will stop crapping for attention?    I know it sounds gross, but lots of kids, like mine for instance, to dont announce their poops and spend some nights covered in ish.

Also, how close to bedtime are you feeding him dinner?  If its shortly before, maybe you can move dinner up so he poops sooner?

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • I certainly don't have experience with a kid that age, but when we worked with a sleep coach she instructed us to go in and change poops with lights out, no talking or eyecontact, and IN the crib. So the kid gets no positive interaction. Could you maybe try changing him in his crib or bed?
  • image~Lynchie~:

Let him spend one night in the poop, maybe once he realizes how much that sucks he will stop crapping for attention?    I know it sounds gross, but lots of kids, like mine for instance, to dont announce their poops and spend some nights covered in ish.

This is what I was going to say - I know its yucky but you need to teach him that you won't always come running. My little one does this too, but I think he just likes to poop when he's alone and nap/bed are those times in our house since he's a twin.

• imageTwinMommy09:
    image~Lynchie~:

Let him spend one night in the poop, maybe once he realizes how much that sucks he will stop crapping for attention?    I know it sounds gross, but lots of kids, like mine for instance, to dont announce their poops and spend some nights covered in ish.

This is what I was going to say - I know its yucky but you need to teach him that you won't always come running. My little one does this too, but I think he just likes to poop when he's alone and nap/bed are those times in our house since he's a twin.

If you think it's just a nice alone time that he can actually do it, maybe work it in before bedtime?  Like give him 20 minutes of "quiet play" in his room after dinner or somethign and see if he'll poop then? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"