Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

new here

I think its time to interduce myself since I will be around for a while. I am so sorry that all of you are in this same place as me. We found out last Thursday we lost our baby. It was a blighted ovum. This was our first pregnancy and we never thought this would happen to us. We told everyone and posted it on Facebook. Now I'm not sure if I should post about the lose or just tell my closest friends and let everyone Else figure it out. Have any of you ladies had to untell have whole world? Sorry for any misspelled words and bad punctuation. I'm on my cell phone. Tia for any advise.

Re: new here

• Options

Sorry that you have to be here..but I welcome you.  I too posted on Facebook about my pregnancy bc I was SO excited..I was only 5 weeks at the time.  I was going to wait, but couldn't.  I didn't post that I had a miscarriage on Facebook directly.  I posted a poem about the loss as my status a week or so after.  And when I told my family befor that I asked them to spread the word to other family so I wouldn't have to deal with it.  We are here for you, and glad you intro'd.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry that you're here:( it sucks but all the ladies here are really supportive! As far as your question goes, I have not been in that type of situation but if it were me I would post on Facebook that you lost the baby. The last thing I would want is people asking me in the weeks ahead how my pregnancy was going. That's just me though. If you think that you could handle those types of question ok then maybe just tell your close friends. Sorry if that doesn't help much and again I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You will find a lot of support and comfort here. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I didn't post on my facebook. I just told my closest family and had them spread the word.
    First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I am sorry for your loss.   

We found out Easter morning that we were pregnant.  We were so excited that we spilled to EVERYONE at Easter dinner, then went home and announced it to the Facebook world.  I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw our little one.  It was an amazing day.  Our 12 week appointment was quite the opposite.  The doctor couldn't find the heartbeat, so we were sent to ultrasound and were told that the pregnancy was a loss.  This was our first pregnancy.  It took us 20 months to get pregnant, and had planned to start IVF in May. 

We told our close family and friends personally.  We asked them to share our disappointment.  I did finally make an announcement on Facebook this past Sunday.  I was quite surprised to find the number of my friends who have suffered the loss of a baby due to miscarriage.  I was relieved to realize that I am not the only one.  I am not inferior.

Good luck on your healing journey.  The Lord will not give you more than you can handle.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

We lost our baby at 18.5 weeks so almost everyone knew I was pregnant... we decided to send an e-mail stating that our baby is now in Heaven (no other details)... most people didn't ask - they just expressed their condolences or said nothing at all. 

We said goodbye on 4.28.11 (D&E at 18.5 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"