Adoption

got my tax refund a couple days ago.

just fyi for those who've been waiting.

Re: got my tax refund a couple days ago.

• That's great news!

We're still waiting...

• we got many letters in advance but they were all very vague and said we'd hear back by a certain date.  That date kept extending.  We got our refund a few days ago and the last letter said we'd hear back by June 30.  The money hit my account before I got a letter today saying "we are happy to let you know we made no changes and your deposit will be made within 2 weeks".
  • I can't believe the trouble some of you are having with your refund.  This is ridiculous.  I remember when we filed in 2009 we didn't have to even send in any proof other than our receipt from our agency.  Our money was in our account within 3 weeks. 
    Amy
    Proud Mommy to Ben
    You didn't grow in my tummy, but in my heart!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image fredalina:

image Amy720:
    I can't believe the trouble some of you are having with your refund.  This is ridiculous.  I remember when we filed in 2009 we didn't have to even send in any proof other than our receipt from our agency.  Our money was in our account within 3 weeks. 

i think it's because it's refundable now, so we'll get the WHOLE amount refunded to us, not just our tax liability.  Plus we're in such a deficit crisis this year...

Yes, this is what I was told too.  And 95% of all those receiving the credit had to be "investigated" this time around.  Hopefully it was only a 2011 thing!

• image fredalina:

image Amy720:
    I can't believe the trouble some of you are having with your refund.  This is ridiculous.  I remember when we filed in 2009 we didn't have to even send in any proof other than our receipt from our agency.  Our money was in our account within 3 weeks. 

i think it's because it's refundable now, so we'll get the WHOLE amount refunded to us, not just our tax liability.  Plus we're in such a deficit crisis this year...

Do you get it all refunded to you at once now?  We did end up getting the whole amount over 2 years.

Amy
    Proud Mommy to Ben

• image fredalina:
    image Amy720:
    image fredalina:

image Amy720:

Do you get it all refunded to you at once now?  We did end up getting the whole amount over 2 years.

Yes, the whole amount is refunded now even if it exceeds your tax liability for the year. There's no carry-forward this year.

Oh, ok.  We got the refund over 2 years (which was actually kind of nice).  I still don't see why there has to be such a big deal about it.  I know that's a lot of money to refund all at once, but investigating adoptive families seems a little extreme.

Amy
    Proud Mommy to Ben

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards