March 2011 Moms
Options

4 month wakeful period

Anyone going thru this?  We went from sleeping through the night consistently for over a month to now we are waking up every 2-3 hours.  Ugh!  She's also become very distracted while eating lately which I'm sure is causing her to be more hungry.  Any words of advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: 4 month wakeful period

• Options
    Oops. Just realized there's a similar post below.
  • Options
    Someone told me (another Bumpie) that this is a term theBump has made up-her pediatrician said it didn't really exist and really is just a growth spurt.
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBunintheOven311:
    Someone told me (another Bumpie) that this is a term theBump has made up-her pediatrician said it didn't really exist and really is just a growth spurt.

Hmmm...  I've found a lot about it on various sites, not just the Bump.  I'll ask tomorrow at the pedi.

• Options
    Could have just been her doc.  I plan on asking mine the end of this month. 
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Mine is going through this exact same thing! My daycare provider thinks he's already teething!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

https://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html 

Sorry this isn't clicky...i'm on a mac.  This is an article from Kellymom that talks about "4 month sleep regression", so it's not just a bump term.  It definitely targets BF babies, however, so i'm not sure how it affects a FF baby.  

On that note, I'm in the same boat.  DS was only waking up around 2 or 3 and then 5 or 6 to eat and going back to sleep until 7-7:30.   Now he's brought back the 12 or 1 am feeding.  He's also having a hard time putting himself back to sleep.  He was doing so well and falling asleep right after eating.  DH was getting SOOO much sleep because I was the only one getting up.  He sometimes helps with the soothing if DS keeps waking.  Now we're both zombies again and snapping at each other at 3 AM.  Awesome. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ...and here's another blog post that a dad wrote after researching his daughter's sleep issue.  https://cleverfather.com/sleep-regression-frequently-asked-questions/
  • Options

We are going through it and William is not always distracted so I am not sure how to make it end.  All I know is that I have heard it is a phase and may end after a couple of weeks.  I hope so!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I posted in the post below but I just wanted to add.. I put LO down at 7 tonight and have already been up with her 5 times!!! I seriously want to pull my hair out. I feel terrible for getting frustrated with her, I know its not her fault. I guess I have gotten spoiled having the "perfect" baby that has basically always slept through the night :/
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Married Bio

• Options
    we just started tohave a similar problem, i'm so grateful for this board otherwise i'd go crazy!  i've read that it helps to give them extra naps during the day so they are less overtired at night, if that makes sense. my DD doesnt want to nap though, so i am struggling with waking up at 4 to nurse.
  • Options

imageoptimist13:
    we just started tohave a similar problem, i'm so grateful for this board otherwise i'd go crazy!  i've read that it helps to give them extra naps during the day so they are less overtired at night, if that makes sense. my DD doesnt want to nap though, so i am struggling with waking up at 4 to nurse.
    Even if my LO gets 2 solid naps, she is still waking up throughout the night.

I spoke with a friend who told me that this lasted into 9mos with 2 of her 3 children!

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Married Bio

• Options
    imagesweetpea2718:

https://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html 

Sorry this isn't clicky...i'm on a mac.  This is an article from Kellymom that talks about "4 month sleep regression", so it's not just a bump term.  It definitely targets BF babies, however, so i'm not sure how it affects a FF baby.  

On that note, I'm in the same boat.  DS was only waking up around 2 or 3 and then 5 or 6 to eat and going back to sleep until 7-7:30.   Now he's brought back the 12 or 1 am feeding.  He's also having a hard time putting himself back to sleep.  He was doing so well and falling asleep right after eating.  DH was getting SOOO much sleep because I was the only one getting up.  He sometimes helps with the soothing if DS keeps waking.  Now we're both zombies again and snapping at each other at 3 AM.  Awesome. 

Nothing to add since my guy just turned 3 months, but sweetpea, that pic of your little man is freakin' adorable! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"