High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD- getting so hungry the further along I get!!!

I'm 29 weeks today and I feel like the foods that were satisfying me weeks ago are not enough anymore!  Anyone else feel this way?  I just feel completely starving!!!  I'm only able to have 15 grams of carbs per snack with protein and up to 60 grams with each meal with protein.  I really feel like i'm not eating enough.
Food today was:
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios, 1% milk, string cheese
Snack: granola bar, string cheese
lunch: BLT (turkey bacon) on rye toast with lettuce, tomato, and low fat mayo
Snack: Strawberries, string cheese
Dinner: ?
Snack: ?
I think after seeing this in writing that my snacks aren't filling enough, maybe I should I have something like carrots and dip, with some slices of cheese, and a few crackers?
Thoughts!!!  I can't take the hunger!!!

Re: GD- getting so hungry the further along I get!!!

• Options
    Add more protein to snacks and high fiber veggies to meals. Drink lots of water. If it's still a problem, talk to your doctor/dietitian/whoever is managing your diet and ask about adjusting your meal plan to help you feel fuller longer. I find that I have some days that I feel hungrier than others and some days I feel like I can't eat everything (I'm only allowed 30 carbs with lunch and dinner, 15 with breakfast and snacks.). It goes in cycles.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You are in desperate need of fiber to help you feel full. Honestly, I would lose some of the dairy and put in a different kind of protein too. I am the opposite of you. I cannot eat everything anymore because I have a baby near my stomach.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sraexxsraexx member

I am so with you. I am getting so hungry and sick of everything I have been eating. I did mix it up this week with adding hummus, tuna and some sliced turkey to my diet. ( I was doing the no lunch meat thing, but my nutritionist is convinced I will be okay, so I added it to save myself hunger pangs)

BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My snack list is similar to yours and I realized they just give me no long term effects, I'm hungry before I even finish them haha. So... today for a snack I tried a big scoop of peanut butter with a few saltines and I've actually felt decently satisfied for a while. :-) Definitely veggies and dip would be good and I would say like wheat thins and those little pieces of cheese, you could put some on each one.
  • Options
    Your snacks may need a little added protein, try 1/2 a turkey sandwich or something of the like with some veggies. Also, your lunch wasn't nearly 60 carbs. You could add more protein and carbs in there for lunch to help hold you over. I buy a fat free wheat bread that's 13 carbs per slice and the lettuce, bacon and mayo are free. You could try adding some pasta salad to that or some chips, a sugar free pudding, some soup and crackers etc.. All of those things should help hold you over a bit more.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"