Adoption
Options

Adoption Network Law Center?

Hi! I'm new around here and am looking for some honest and candid opinions. I have two children who were adopted internationally, but for various reasons, we're considering the idea of a domestic adoption for our third child.  I've spoken with a representative from the Adoption Network Law Center which is based out of California. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience, or knows of them, and can share, good or bad, those thoughts. Feel free to send me a private messsage if that's more comfortable since this is a public forum. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Re: Adoption Network Law Center?

• Options

We did a phone consult with them, they would not disclose any fee's to us until they saw a photo of us- they said this was to determine marketability- this rubbed me the wrong way. I kept thinking so if I send them a photo of us on vacation in Hawaii will they charge us more then if I send them a photo of us in our pj's on Christmas morning. We did not feel good about them, and moved on after that phone call.

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've seen very few positve reviews of ANLC. 

Sign up for the yahoogroup AARD (adoptionm agency research-domestic) and pose the question.

I hate to encourage you to run from them since my information is just hearsay... but I'd run!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MH and I talked to them back in December. They did require us to send a photo before our phone consultation (which I didn't think to much about at the time). They went over all the fees and told us it would be approx: $40K from start to finish and that their average match time is 4 months from the time your profile goes active. After the phone consult they sent us a pretty detailed package and DVD in the mail, and they continue to send us invitations to phone conferences on different adoption issues. We chose to work with a smaller local agency.
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We signed up with them and are currently matched (she's due in late August).   Overall, we've been happy.  Feel free to PM if you want more information. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"