High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bedrest lifted?

Has anyone here been put on bedrest and eventually had it lifted or just restricted to light activity with some rest?

I've been on for about a week and have a follow up appointment tomorrow but am wondering if I'll be stuck to the couch or bed until LO comes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedrest lifted?

• Options
    I have been told that when I get to 36 weeks, I'll be taken off the Procardia and the bed rest will be reduced to just light activity. The reason is because at that point, no preventive measures would be taken to prevent baby from coming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it depends on why you're on bed rest and the severity of the problem.  I know some people who were on it for only a couple of weeks and I know some people who have been on it for months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started out on with 5 days in the hospital then home to bedrest, then went to modified bedrest, then to modified with a couple hours of working from home. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow and doc says once I hit 32 I might get more privileges. So to answer your question--yes. But my condition isn't as serious as many people on bedrest. I had one night of bleeding and started to dilate w/o contractions. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagenewbmom347:
    I have been told that when I get to 36 weeks, I'll be taken off the Procardia and the bed rest will be reduced to just light activity. The reason is because at that point, no preventive measures would be taken to prevent baby from coming.
    This is me exactly!
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I suppose everyone is different just was wondering if it was even an option. I'll make sure to check in more to chat and pass the time :)
  • Options

Due to a subchorionic hematoma, I did about 6 weeks of some type of house arrest thing ( I was scared to leave my house due to all the bleeding and expecting to miscarry at any time), then started full bed rest for 2 more months once I started seeing a perinatal. Once the clot healed, my bedrest ended. . . which was amazing!!! I couldnt wait to go outside and check the mail, drive my car, pump gas, etc.

I have been able to get back to normal with restrictions, no out of town travel and no working (I work on my feet standing/walking all day). Life has been great though- and babys hanging in there.

• Options
    I was on bed rest since the beginning of my pregnancy, due to various complications, including a subchorionic hematoma in my uterus.  Recently, I went for my Level II and everything looks great, so they removed the full bed rest and my peri allows me to have limited activities. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"