High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Placenta previa questions

I had my 20 u/s and was diagnosed with placenta previa. I was told not to worry cause it was early and could correct itself. I would only need to worry as we got closer to delivering. 

My question is though I keep reading different posts on here and other places about warning signs and things to be careful of. I want to know from ppl that wer diagnosed early with this condition what their doctors told them they could or could not do. It is not real easy to get an appt where I am so any info would be great so that I know exactly what to ask about at my next appt. 

Thank you 

Re: Placenta previa questions

• Options
    CHI-06CHI-06 member
    Well mine was not complete previa as my placenta was not fully covering the cervix... but I was put on restricted activity.  Basically she said no sex, no exercise, no lifting.  4 weeks later placenta had moved an acceptable distance from my cervix and I was back to normal.  Good luck!  Chances are it will move up as your uterus grows. 
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    My mom had a placenta previa with me. She went into labor at 26 weeks. She lived more than an hour away from the closest hospital or emergency room and was admitted to the hospital for the next 61 days. She said the only signs she had was a heavy pressure very low, until she actually went into early labor. She said the doctor warned her of no sexual activity, running or work outs. However all of this was 24 yrs ago. I'm sure things have changed alot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"