February 2011 Moms
Options

professional pictures

We had them done when DS was 9 days old.  They're gorgeous, we love em, but they cost a fortune.  Before DS arrived, I thought for certain I was going to have them taken at newborn, 6 months, 1 year.  DH has different ideas & thinks we should wait until 1, at the earliest.  Sooo, I'm wondering if you plan to get professional pics taken of LO, how often/when will you do so? 

As a side, I'm obsessed with pictures.  I'm the youngest of 4 and there are next-to-no pics of me as a baby.  They're all taken with my siblings, for the most part.  Thanks mom & dad, thanks!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: professional pictures

• Options

For the older two we did 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.  Since then they get taken ever 6 months.  We did newborn with this LO so then we will 6, 9, and 12 months then every 6 months after that. 

If money is the issue why don't you just go to JC Penny (If you have one, they are my fav. cheap studio) or Sears.  They are pretty good pictures and they are def. not too expensive.

HTH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We did them at 8 weeks 5 months, 9 months, 15 months, and 30 months (then 39months with DS newborn pics)

With DS we did 2 weeks, then will probalby either wiat to do them next fall when he is around 8 months old, or even until next spring when he is around 14/15 months old.  I really want some fall pics outside .But we are doing less this time around partly becuase of cost (although my BFF is a photog so we get a bit of a discount), partly because I just cant have that many pics hanging around the house.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepajahbear:

For the older two we did 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.  Since then they get taken ever 6 months.  We did newborn with this LO so then we will 6, 9, and 12 months then every 6 months after that. 

If money is the issue why don't you just go to JC Penny (If you have one, they are my fav. cheap studio) or Sears.  They are pretty good pictures and they are def. not too expensive.

HTH

True- honestly, I didn't even think about those places.  I was/am sort of hoping if we stick with the same photog, we'll reap some kind of discount.  I'll have to look into it- thanks. 

• Options
    imageGracieMaeLovey:

We had them done when DS was 9 days old.  They're gorgeous, we love em, but they cost a fortune.  Before DS arrived, I thought for certain I was going to have them taken at newborn, 6 months, 1 year.  DH has different ideas & thinks we should wait until 1, at the earliest.  Sooo, I'm wondering if you plan to get professional pics taken of LO, how often/when will you do so? 

As a side, I'm obsessed with pictures.  I'm the youngest of 4 and there are next-to-no pics of me as a baby.  They're all taken with my siblings, for the most part.  Thanks mom & dad, thanks!!

Me too!!!!

• Options

We haven't done any.  Is that awful?  Audrey was swollen and bruised from birth so we decided not to have newborn pictures done.  And we just haven't scheduled anything since then.  Of course we have TONS of pictures, but they're not professional.  I'm thinking about having 6 month pictures taken at a regular portrait studio.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We haven't done any pics yet, but I want to do them at 6mos, a year, and yearly after that until she gets school pictures done.

I think I want to get them done at kiddie kandids, though.  

• Options
    We've done newborn and 3 month. We have the 6 month, year and then birthday party scheduled. The newborn and 3 month were both free. Had a friend come to the hospital to take the newborn. She is an amazing photographer, but not a professional (her quality is though). 3 month was free because a photographer needed a little baby to use her props and then we paid for the cd of pictures. The photographer is now our family photographer and she has given us a discount since she's a freshman in college and I give her a ton of referrals.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

We did professional pics for Brynn when she was 2 weeks, 3 months and we have her 6 mth, 9 mth, and 12 mth photos scheduled. After that we'll probably do professional pictures every 6 months. I'm also toying with having her come out for her birthday party, baptism or maybe a halloween shoot to finish out our package of 6 sessions (we forgoed the maternity shoot). We found a fabulous photographer who's just starting out so her prices are great. So far I have been blown out of the water by how great the photos have turned out.

• Options

I did professional pictures at 1 week, 5 weeks and then again at 10 weeks (Easter Pics). We were spending so much that my DH decided to buy me a nice camera (Nikon 3000) for mother's day so now I am trying to get into taking professional pictures myself. I still haven't ordered the back drops, but plan to soon. So far I love the candid pics I have been taking.

BTW- We used Picture People studios and they can be cheaper if you don't buy the CD and prints. But the quality really depends on your photographer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We did 1 day old (our hospital has an awesome photographer chime around); then 3 months, and we'll do 6, 9, and 12 months- Those were/will be at JCPenny because other photographers are too expensive. JCPenny did really well for her 3 month appt. Their computer system can do some cool editing/features, which I was not expecting. I will be making one my siggy pic soon.
  • Options
    we did newborn, 3 mo, and have 6, 9, & 12 mo scheduled.  we have a photographer who comes to our house and spends 2-3 hours.  she's amazing!!
  • Options
    with DS we did 3,6,9,12 . I missed the 3mos with DD so she will get 4,8,12. I already had her done and used the JC Penney coupon. $7.99 portrait package.  1-8x10, 2-5x7, 4-3x5 and 16 wallets. its only for one pose, but Im not going to knock that price.
  • Options
    We're doing newborn, three, six, nine, and one year. She's only a baby one time, so we decided to splurge.
  • Options
    With my first 2 I did newborn, 3 months, 6 month, 9 months, 12 months then ever year after.....I've smartened up with this LO, haha. I did newborn, I may have my sister do 6 months (she's not a professional, but very good), then I will do a 12 month then every year after. To be honest, I spent tons on pictures and they are now stored away. Once they get older, you won't want the baby pictures out, at least not every 3 months in age. As long as you are taking lots of pictures of everyday stuff, that's what's important. Get the pictures of him doing everything. You, and your LO will appreciate them more, don't stress on getting professionals. My kids love looking at pictures of themselves when they were little doing goofy stuff.
  • Options

imageMommieof3Boyzzz:
    With my first 2 I did newborn, 3 months, 6 month, 9 months, 12 months then ever year after.....I've smartened up with this LO, haha. I did newborn, I may have my sister do 6 months (she's not a professional, but very good), then I will do a 12 month then every year after. To be honest, I spent tons on pictures and they are now stored away. Once they get older, you won't want the baby pictures out, at least not every 3 months in age. As long as you are taking lots of pictures of everyday stuff, that's what's important. Get the pictures of him doing everything. You, and your LO will appreciate them more, don't stress on getting professionals. My kids love looking at pictures of themselves when they were little doing goofy stuff.

I'm so glad you said this- it makes perfect sense- thank you! 

• Options
    Wev did them when she was a newborn, 1 month, and 3 months. I will do 6, 9, 12 and any extra ones I can fit in. The neworn photos were done by a "high quality" photographer and the 1 year ones will be as well; the others have been done at sears. I am a nut when it comes to pictures, if we had a discount studio closer to our home I would be doing them at least once a month.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"