Pre-School and Daycare
Options

How much weight did you LO gain from age 3-4?

Ben has always been on the thin side but very tall.  He gained the usual 4-5 lbs a year but when we went to his 4 year old check-up, he had gained 10 lbs.  He grew 4 inches and is the 91st% for weight and 97% for height.  He eats all the time but is very active. One day it'll probably catch up with him though.  The doc didn't say anything about it, but I was just curious to see if any of your LO's experienced such a weight gain in a year.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much weight did you LO gain from age 3-4?

• Options
    just looking at his pic, I'd never be worrying about his weight! ...especially if he is eating well and the pedi didn't complain.
  • Options
    My DD has always been consistent with weight and height (75% for height and 90th for weight). Your LO looks perfect and is quite cute. Just think of it this way, if percentages for height go up, weight must go up as well (otherwise LO would be underweight for his/her height). Sounds like you have a tall young man on your hands... look out for the teenage years! ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS gained a pound or two in that year.

I wouldn't worry about it.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    If his growth curve is stable and the height percentile stays above the weight percentile, I wouldn't worry.  He's obviously putting what he does eat to good use. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I think he is perfect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD1 normally gains exactly 4 lbs per year.

1 year-21 lbs

2 years-25lbs

3 years-29lbs

She is 33lbs now, so she'll probably gain another pound by 4 years old. I wouldn't worry about his weight, he's so tall.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"