Eco-Friendly Family

Cloth Diapering sad...wasted time.

I was all excited when my SIL and a friend asked me about cloth diapering and said they where going to do it. So I wrote up a big list of how-to and brands and stash information for each of them to make it all easier. 

Now that their babies are born it sounds like SIL decided it's too much work, and didn't even really give cloth a chance. And I was bummed to see a sposie on the friend's LO this past weekend as well. I know people have to do what works for them...just sad that it didn't work out for them like it did for us (flying colors!), especially when it makes such a big environmental impact. Just sad...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Cloth Diapering sad...wasted time.

• :(  Thats too bad.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • :(
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe it wasn't a waste of time! The friend might be a PT CDer. I know several people that do sposies some times. 

Also, now they know it is an option.  

• Maybe when their LOs get a little older? I have a friend who has a 4 month old and they just switched to cloth! Yay! She came over and asked a few questions and I told her to just use O's dipes while they were there so she did and couldn't believe how easy it was! [I had her use all BGs.] And she even LOVED how much better cloth wipes were, too.

I even convinced my sister to try cloth and she did and her son is PLing. Every little bit helps! 

So, you know, there's still time. Smile 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • holding out hope then ;)
  • I had one friend who did the same thing and another one who decided to cd. So I call it even :) It stinks but maybe they will come around.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • well, if you'd like to share it, i'd love to read it. i just asked about something like that on the CD board and got a pretty rude response that didn't make me feel exactly welcome over there.

ETA: so i don't sound like a big whiny baby, there have been more responses now that are nicer. but the first woman's response started out mocking me before giving some decent info. i honestly didn't make it past the first line of her post. i don't need glitter and rainbows blown up my butt, and i can be pretty sarcastic when it's called for, but it really pissed me off that she would start off like that when i just asked an honest question. i wasn't being intentionally obtuse.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• I hear you - we've had the same happen. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageInfamousQBert:

well, if you'd like to share it, i'd love to read it. i just asked about something like that on the CD board

lol! POSTED :)

• imageInfamousQBert:

well, if you'd like to share it, i'd love to read it. i just asked about something like that on the CD board and got a pretty rude response that didn't make me feel exactly welcome over there.

ETA: so i don't sound like a big whiny baby, there have been more responses now that are nicer. but the first woman's response started out mocking me before giving some decent info. i honestly didn't make it past the first line of her post. i don't need glitter and rainbows blown up my butt, and i can be pretty sarcastic when it's called for, but it really pissed me off that she would start off like that when i just asked an honest question. i wasn't being intentionally obtuse.

Yeah, I've seen that. CD, AP, and here often get a lot of the same questions over and over. I understand that can get tiring, and in AP or here the post is likely to get ignored for a while, until someone feels bad enough to post a helpful response, but on CD I think some of the ladies can get kind of snarky.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • I hardly go over there anymore to CD board...it's such a different vibe now that it has been split out of EFF. It's all niche diaper cart stalking now...which I'm not into.
  • imagedosafyre:
    imageInfamousQBert:

well, if you'd like to share it, i'd love to read it. i just asked about something like that on the CD board

lol! POSTED :)

thanks!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• My BFF really got me into CDing when she was pregnant with her now 3yr old then she didn't even buy any and just used sposies in the end! Another friend bought BGs and instead of trying something else she just gave up and went to sposies! She just had her second kid and is trying flips but her LO was born at 6lbs and couldn't fit into the flips (she's just starting this week) and she didn't want to go out and get a newborn stash of diapers so they've used sposies since April! Better late than never but they were so gung ho about CDing and they both just give up so easily!
  • I'm sorry! I would also love to read it, going to check it out :)
    Cambria, Keira, and Bonnie Quinn
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FWIW, I've only seen people on CD be snarky to vendors and maybe on the pampers board.  :)

Dr. L is a total sweety, so maybe you were just reading into what she said as sarcastic when it wasn't?

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• imageInfamousQBert:

well, if you'd like to share it, i'd love to read it. i just asked about something like that on the CD board and got a pretty rude response that didn't make me feel exactly welcome over there.

Sorry you felt like the CD board was a little snarky to you.  Mostly I have gotten a lot of help and questions answered over there.  I would be happy to help you with any questions you might have.  Feel free to PM me anytime.  I just figured out how to do PM's so I can even answer you. Big Smile

• kdellokdello member
    imageInfamousQBert:

Don't give up on the CD board, Qbert. They're nice ladies, they just get a little bored of directing people to the FAQ. I'd probably have been a little put off, too, but please try again if you have any specific questions. (Specific questions are almost always promptly and politely answered over there.)  Or PM me and I'm happy to help you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"