Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

HELP!!!!! Need Good a Medicaid Dr!!!!

Help!!

I applied for medicaid 6/15/2011, and still no response from them as far as approval. They say it takes up to 15 days, but I still cant find a good dr. who accepts Medicaid, or even one who will see me before im approved :( Im 6 weeks along today, Does anybody have any advice or pointers, or even Drs. In the downtown area who can help me? This is my first pregnancy and Im not sure what to expect, all I know is as soon as you now you are pregnant you are supposed to set a prenatal appt asap. I have been trying and no one will take me without medicaids approval. HELP!

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: HELP!!!!! Need Good a Medicaid Dr!!!!

• dwn town dallas area? I could reccomend a dr. from arlington area thats right in the mca hospital..but is that too far? for now you can always go to planned parenthood n explain your situation n they can give u some free prenatal vitimins
  • Unfortunately no Dr will see you until you have your Medicaid number, unless you're a cash paying patient and you work out a payment plan with them.  And most Drs won't see you until you're at least 8 weeks anyway.  Just start taking your prenatals and wait for Medicaid to approve your application.

My niece applied at the beginning of the month, she still has not heard back.  They are back logged like crazy right now with so many people being unemployed.  They try and push through the applications for pregnant women but there's only so much they can do.

Good luck to you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the responses! funny thing, a day or two after that post, I was enrolled, so all the frreaking out paid off! LOL! Been taking prenatals since I got my BFP,and I also asked fror a hotline which has a list of doctors. I feel much better now! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"