January 2011 Moms
Options

Tell me about where you live..

city folks, country folks ?  Do tell!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me about where you live..

• Options
    Lets see I grew up in a small country town, Ottawa Lake, Michigan.  My high school graduating class was 42.  I loved it, it was quiet but close enough to the city.  That city being Toledo, Ohio which I currently reside in.  I live in the city but it seems like the country.  We have alot of land and its a little ways of the road.  I love being so close to stores, resturants etc.  End of the month we are moving to another small town.. Blissfield, Michigan.  We bought a house down the road from my mom!  I'm so excited to be back in a small town.  It has a great school district for Cooper (when he gets over) and we will be right by my mom!
  • Options

We live in Southeast Georgia just outside of Savannah. Savannah is a pretty large city (no skyscrapers or anything, but it's definitely not small). The town we live in is a pretty small country town, but it's becoming the "up and coming" place to live. There is a TON of new construction. We just got out first grocery store back in November. Before that, you had to shop at Walmart or drive 20 mins. I love it here, but it's too far from DH's work, so we plan on moving on base or as close to the base as possible (another small country town) when our lease is up this fall.

Edit: You included background so I feel like I should too. I was born on Long Island, NY and grew up in South Florida. I've also lived in New Hampshire and California.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We live in NYC, love love love it. DH is from the South (Charleston and Atlanta) and I am from the suburbs of NYC (Westchester), and we've lived in the Midwest for grad school... we seriously do not ever want to move away from here but we both know with his job, we will probably have to move. At least we will get to enjoy our 20s here.
  • Options
    I live in the burbs of a bigger city. I really like it. We're very close to lots of kid friendly places (zoo, children's museum are 10 minutes away) but where we live is nice, quiet, and we have a good sized yard for the kids to run and play. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Suburbs, Centennial Colorado, pretty close to the mountains so we go up there a lot but otherwise city all the way, wish I was in the country.
  • Options

I grew up in a city in NJ, about 10 minutes outside NYC. We lived in a 2 family house and could spit on our neighbor's window from our window! The homes were very close - town was only 1 mile by 3 miles. You could walk everywhere.

Now we live in the suburbs in northern NJ about 45 minutes outside NYC. We live in a 1 family home on a cute cul de sac with trees and all! The town is huge, you can't walk anywhere without going on major roads. I love where we live except my family is 45 minutes away from here.

You are very luck Britt to move up the street from your mom!! 

• Options
    I grew up in the suburbs of Boston.  I've been in Madison, WI for the last 4 years while DH has been in graduate school.  Madison is a sprawling small city, not many high rises or anything.  It feels like a big town.  We're off to New Haven, CT in the Fall.  Can't wait!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    We live in NJ.  It's not the city, but it definitely not the country either.  We're about 45 min directly west of NYC.
  • Options
    I grew up in a close suburb of Chicago.  I now live in a fairly large town in central IL.  It is surrounded by corn fields, but it has everything you need.  I would like to move closer to the city again someday. 
  • Options
    I grew up where I currently live. H says he is ok with moveing after I finish school, so I am not sure where we will end up. I live in a city but it is not a large city. My graduating class was around 100. I live a little further out in the country now. There is alot of country in michigan. We have always lived on the water though, I really love living near water.
  • Options

I live in a small city in Canada, about 2hrs from Toronto. It's grown from 20,000 to about 50,000 now, but a lot of that population includes people who live just outside the city. We're surrounded by a lot of country living and want to move outside of town. Literally, like 2 mins out and you're in the country! For now we're in a "retirement burb".  Great neighbours, but all of the houses look the same and I can ask my neighbour for a roll of tp if I run out. lol.

I love where we are though because I grew up here and it's close to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, the US and Northern cottage country. There are thousands of lakes around here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I live on the same street I grew up on, in the same city I've always lived in. :) We live in southern MA near the ocean. We're closer to Providence, RI than Boston. I live in a small city. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"