Parenting after 35

My neighbors story

imagevanverth:

And I thought Hillbillies are from West Virginia and the Appalachian Mountains?

My nephew was almost the neighbor with the late night power tools.  He has a propane fired forge.  (He thinks he is a blacksmith)  One night at 7:30 he goes out and fires it up and starts banging with a sledge on hot metal.  I had to explain to him about time changes and that it was now daylight longer in the evening but 8pm is still 8pm no matter how bright it is outside.

Does South Jersey count for Hillbillies, lol? 8 PM seems to be the magic hour. My neighbors: the husband sees nothing wrong  with whipping out his power washer to wash down his home & property, bringing out his lawn mower & leaf blower, and bringing out his power saw and drills, and it's always between 7:30 and 8 PM. And I get the feeling that he thinks just because it's daylight, no one would find it questionable.

The night of my baby shower (and 2 days after I was put on bed rest due to GIH), this guy stopped MH as he was unloading gifts from our car--again, 8 PM at night--to take him on a tour of our yard with flashlight in an attempt to tell MH how to alleviate the flooding in our yard. Flooding due to a massive melt-off of snow, and flooding that didn't do any damage to this guy's basement (or our other neighbors). And then he told MH that the guys that were working on a different issue in our yard didn't know what they were doing (neighbor doesn't know that "the guys" are my BIL and his construction company). I get that the guy was trying to be nice/helpful...but not a good time. Oh yeah--and this was the first introduction between he & MH.

When they moved in a year ago: MH and I had just got home from a weekend down the shore. I sat with my mom while MH ran out for lunch (my mom watches the house & our dog & cat when we go away). No sooner did MH pull off, the wife came knocking on our door. She seemed pretty anxious, mentioned that she wanted to see how my blinds were hung, and then pushed her way into my house and started checking my windows. She saw my mom, said "oh, I'm interrupting," and then proceeded checking out my windows. She started quizzing me about how I hung the blinds, then seemed to not believe me when I told her they came with the house & were hung by the previous owners. 

I think the wife is a little awkward. The husband has what MH refers to as "low charisma", lol. They're very nice people, but, um...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: My neighbors story

• imageSugarChick10:
    imagevanverth:

I think the wife is a little awkward. The husband has what MH refers to as "low charisma", lol. They're very nice people, but, um...

Low Charisma.  LOL, is your husband a "gamer"?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • PeskyPesky member
    Niiiicceee.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Charisma is his dump stat, though he doesn't seem to have rolled well on intelligence or wisdom, either.  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagePeppernut:
    Charisma is his dump stat, though he doesn't seem to have rolled well on intelligence or wisdom, either.  :)
    BWHA-HA-HA!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSugarChick10:
    imagePeppernut:
    Charisma is his dump stat, though he doesn't seem to have rolled well on intelligence or wisdom, either.  :)
    BWHA-HA-HA!!

Perhaps they both have high "stamina" (insert wink and nod here).

• steverstever member
    Haha... "low charisma." But yeah, I've got some crazy neighbors. Nice enough, but not all there.
  • Wow...I think I'd be shocked into silence!

I live in a condo, and fortunately - considering the close quarters - we don't have any really weird neighbors. The best I got is our downstairs neighbor - he's unmarried, in his late 60's/early 70's.  He's from Turkey and has a heavy accent.  He adores Delaney and gives us money to buy her ice cream and says he wants to take her to McDonalds, and wants her to call him Grandpa.  I'd find it creepy, except that when he lived in Turkey, he had a few children but they died either during pregnancy or shortly after birth.  One survived - when he and his wife divorced, he said his wife "turned" his son against him and he doesn't have a relationship with him. I can tell it hurts him, and he wonders if he has grandchildren.  So....while sometimes he seems a little inappropriate with Delaney, we understand where it comes from. 

• Want to sell your neighbors my house, they'd fit in here!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"