Single Parents
Options

Any vegetarians?

Before I left STBXH we discussed raising Ryan as a vegetarian until he was old enough to make the choice if he wanted to eat meat or stay a vegetarian. Now that we are separated I'm kind of worried about this. STBXH is a massive meat eater and I'm all for the green stuff. I would still love to raise Ryan as a vegetarian seeing how it would be easier and most likely cheaper on my pocket but I'm worried that STBXH would either force Ryan to eat meat or put him down for not eating it like he did me. I don't want to force Ryan either into being a vegetarian but with the money I make there is no way I could afford both.

So if there are any other vegetarians with meat eating exs what did/do you do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any vegetarians?

• Options
    I am...I have been a vegetarian for 11 years and planning on raising my baby as such when he is old enough for solids :) have you tried explaining to STBXH that if he is brought up as a vegetarian but is fed meat occasionally he can get very sick (vomiting/diarrhea as I am sure you might know). All you can do is stand your ground and make the best choice you can for your little one and hope that your ex understands and what the ramifications of feeding him meat may be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think my STBXH has a few screws loose. hahaha But I do plan to talk to him about it. I'm glad to know I'm not the only single veggie mama on here. Thank you for the advice =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"