Hawaii Babies

Just about gave up on being team green :)

We just had our 18 week ultrasound.  Everything looked really good with the baby.  My placenta was low-ish, so the tech recommended another ultrasound.  Same think happened when I was pregnant with Elyse.  I'm looking forward to seeing him or her again.  

I've known the ultrasound tech since I was a kid so she was teasing me that she knows what we're having.  I was SO tempted when she was teasing me!!!  Before Russ was allowed in I caved asked her if we should start thinking of boys names because we only have girls names and she clammed up.   

I know it will be worth it when Russ puts the little babe on my chest and tell me that I have another daughter or a son.   

Re: Just about gave up on being team green :)

• MrsZizMrsZiz member
    You have lots of will power! I could never do it! I had multiple ultrasounds with Bella and there was no way I could have not known! With Grayson, I ended up with 4 total. I thought about once we have baby #3 (in the future!!) and DH says it helps him to bond with the baby. I thought it would be fun since we now have one of each... how do you get Russ to hold out??
  • you have more will power than I do! I could never wait that long to find out! it was hard enough waiting until 18 weeks!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine shamelessly flashed us during the ultrasound. We would have been blind not to see it's a boy. DH wanted to know, anyway, so the tech confirmed it.

But I envy that moment you're going to have when you find out after he/she is born - so exciting!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It is so worth it! 

Not sure what I would do if the tech was heckling me though - even if it IS a friend :) 

• imageMrsZiz:
    You have lots of will power! I could never do it! I had multiple ultrasounds with Bella and there was no way I could have not known! With Grayson, I ended up with 4 total. I thought about once we have baby #3 (in the future!!) and DH says it helps him to bond with the baby. I thought it would be fun since we now have one of each... how do you get Russ to hold out??

Russ is the ONLY reason I hold out.  His theory is we get so few really good surprises as adults that he cherishes the surprise.

If it were only me I would find out :)  

• imageMauiWedding08:

It is so worth it! 

Not sure what I would do if the tech was heckling me though - even if it IS a friend :) 

It is SO worth it! 

• New to the board...we are pregnant with our first, and my husband asked me to agree not to find out. I do think that announcement, after all the anticipation (and probably a little bit delirious from the labor) will be amazing, but I can imagine it will be harder and harder to not find out. (Sort of) thankfully, our ob/gyn only does 1-2 ultrasounds, so there won't be too many opportunities to cheat.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • A little late to this game, but I COMMEND you for having the willpower to stay team green! I could absolutely not do it. Good for you! Smile
    cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestargirl76:
    A little late to this game, but I COMMEND you for having the willpower to stay team green! I could absolutely not do it. Good for you! Smile

Haha!  If it weren't for MH I would have caved.  It's not my willpower :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"