Special Needs
Options

update to Aiden's admission- EE/celiac?

Attending for this weekend was clueless and she said she is "just babysitting." Anyway we cannot do anything until GI comes back next week. They do not have appropriate nutrition for Aiden at hospital....so we have decided to go home and try and keep him hydrated here.  We have an exact amount of fluids he has to take in to stay hydrated before Wednesday...if he doesnt intake that amount then we get admitted again. Goal is to get all soy out of system to see if that stops diarrhea and to keep hydrated till we can see GI. We are GI's top priority when he returns- we will see him wednesday morning.  The thought is that he had a stomach virus (parasites, rotavirus and others all came back neg.) compounded by the increase in soy in his diet (we were trying to avoid dairy) led to severe dehydration.  The GI now thinks he has a soy allergy (on top of his milk-protein allergy and possible dairy allergy).  He also thinks that he may have EE or Celiac.  He said we will prob need to do another scope and biopsy bc the first one he did was when he was 1 yr and he may not have been eating his trigger foods and/or enough gluten to come up positive.  So, when GI comes back Wednesday we will make a new plan.  But, in the mean time trying to get soy out of his system and trying to keep him hydrated (he is not eating/drinking much and he is still having lots of diarrhea).  Thanks for all the T&Ps during this admission....I appreciate it!!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: update to Aiden's admission- EE/celiac?

• Options
    I can't believe the hospital doesn't have what your LO needs!  I'll be waiting for another update and T&P's still coming for your family!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope everything goes well.  I totally understand the hospital not having what your lo needs. Our local one doesn't either (DS has EE) so we travel to one that is 8 hours away to get what he needs.  Let me know if you have any questions.  DS was diagnosed with EE back in October.  T&P headed your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you come back with a Celiac diagnosis, feel free to get in touch with me. I am on here as an expecting mom, but I'm also an adult living with Celiac, and my husband has non-Celiac gluten intolerance + an egg allergy. These kinds of food issues are a real pain when you start out, but somehow there seems to be a knack to the whole thing, and it becomes second nature. Best of luck and hope your guy feels better super soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"