Upstate NY Babies
Options

Last minute getaway idea help!

Hey ladies,

I'm 33 weeks and DH and I are trying to take a last minute trip this week for 4 or 5 days.  We looked into going to Vegas...but with the 100+ degree temps. and long flights didn't think that'd be the greatest idea.  Anyone else have any ideas of where we could fly/drive from Bflo. that isn't scorching hot but still feeling like we're getting away?  We've looked into the adirondacks...hotels are outrageous, we checked NYC...but we went last year for our anniversary (had a blast, but wanted something different)

We'd love a beach or somewhere to relax and just have a nice time away for a few days....

Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Last minute getaway idea help!

• Options
    Toronto? Boston?  I guess none of those are really beachy.. I'm not a beach kinda girl really.. I like sightseeing (although maybe I wouldn't have liked it so much at 33 weeks pg in the summer). Could you go down to maybe the carolinas?
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Outerbanks or Hilton  Head.  rehoboth beach is nice too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know you couldn't really drink, but what about the finger lakes? Or lake Champlain? There are a lot of places around NY that a quiet little towns to relax. My family was always king of the NY vacation. We've also done lake Bonaparte and lake George. Apparently we like lakes! Or maybe hit niagara falls and pretend you are tourists - do all that goofy stuff there, stay at a b&b, see a play at the shaw festival, hit the main drag in niagara on the lake.
    image        image
  • Options

I know you said beach, but if you wanted to stay closer to home (might be a good idea w/ how far along you are) you could do Niagara on the Lake (I absolutely love it there) or the Finger Lakes. Even though both places are known for the wine, there are awesome spas too. I would stay at a nice B&B, and go for some spa treatments. 

Hilton Head is nice too, if you really want a beach. My family used to drive there when we were young. 

We did a cruise as our babymoon get-a-way... but I think you are too far along. I think the cruise ships only allow pregnant women 28 weeks and under. 

• Options
    Maine. The coast is beautiful this time of year. Very pretty drive up too. And you can go through Vermont and stop at the Ben and Jerrys plant:)

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options

I would be careful if you plan on flying.  I think the cutoff is 34 weeks, so you might not be able to go, and you'll need a Drs note either way.

I wouldn't do anything particularly hot or far.  I'd say Niagara Falls but I assume yo'uve been since you are close, plus it might mean a lot of walking.  What about somewhere nice on the lake?  Like a nice cottage?  I don't know how the beaches are there.. I'm guessing you are thinking of going more out of town.  I imagine you could find somewhere pretty quiet along the lake though.

• Options
    When you said you looked into the adirondacks, did you check lake george?
    PCOS Momma
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Cape Ann (MA) area is nice as is any of the little towns on the Cape

Maine is very nice

You could also do Atlantic City or Cape may or Wildwood... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband and I did the Poconos for our babymoon when I was three months pregnant--that was fun
  • Options
    dle927dle927 member

DH and I went to New Orleans when I was pregnant with DD.  I had been a few times before (for Mardi Gras) but obviously this trip was much different.  We stayed in the French Quarter, ate, did a ton of sightseeing, and had a really wonderful time.  We booked it through Priceline or something similar and paid 350 for each of us for a week. 

For a shorter/closer trip, I would suggest Boston, Philly or Toronto. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"