Health & Exercise
Options

Prenatal Core Work

At 26 weeks, I'm finding it uncomfortable to do the exercises I'm used to doing to strengthen my core.

Any suggestions and what do you do that doesn't make you feel like you are squishing your baby!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Prenatal Core Work

• Options

Hm..no input? I guess no one around here works their core?

I actually found a great video on You Tube which I will try this week. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKarmalife:

Hm..no input? I guess no one around here works their core?

I actually found a great video on You Tube which I will try this week. 

Confused This board is actually quite slow compared to other boards on TB. You shouldn't expect a ton of responses when posting something one evening and checking back the next morning before most people are even out of bed. It doesn't mean no one around here works their core.

GL with the YouTube video.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do crunches on an exercise ball on a daily basis, about 100 of them. I did that with DD1 too until she was born and had a very fast and easy delivery, and my tummy was flat pretty much right after giving birth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSFAug07:
    I do crunches on an exercise ball on a daily basis, about 100 of them. I did that with DD1 too until she was born and had a very fast and easy delivery, and my tummy was flat pretty much right after giving birth.

Really? I guess we are all different. Crunches don't feel good at ALL to me these days. Just can't do them comfortably (except for oblique crunches using the bosu). Thanks for the input.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am also a big fan of doing mini crunches and pelvic tilts on the ball.  I still do planks also, just watch for any back pain.  Will you post the you tube link?  I would love to see some other ideas as well. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not pregnant yet but have been doing water aerobics classes where for part of it you wear a belt (to float) and go to the deep end and do abs.  It doesn't feel like crunches do, I can't really describe it.  You can probably you-tube videos of it to get an idea.  I've heard a lot of pregnant women go to water aerobics though so up until close to the end this is probably safe.  The instructor happens to be my best friend and she says its the best ab work out anyone can do. 
  • Options
    I'm not as far along as you, only 19 weeks, but I've been doing all my usual core exercises just fine.  I do planks and different pulls on the cable machine (woodchops, etc.).  I haven't had any discomfort with this so far and my doctor says I should be fine to do any of this throughout my pregnancy.  I can't help you out on crunches though, I hate them!
    imageAnniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

No more traditional crunches for me, but I'm still doing a lot of plank work, some side work on the floor and there is a lot of "core" stuff incoporated into my normal weight and cardio classes. My OB said to continue doing what feels good until something feels off. She accurately said that I'm going to need those stomach muscles here in a few months. ;)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"