Baby Names

Family Names

So I've been going back through family names and trying to find some useable ones. I would love for my child to have a name rich with family history. Which of these names do you love/like/hate? Which ones translate well into this century?

Estella

Lois (I was thinking maybe Eloise?)

Lucina

Josephine

Nellie

Amore (my grandmother's MN, I was only thinking of using in the MN slot as well)

Margaret (I much prefer Margot)

Re: Family Names

• i love estella and eloise! i don't like the rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Eloise.

My friends had a  little girl and call her Nellie, but her full name is Nicoletta. 

• Loading the player...
  • Estella -- sounds like an old lady to me

Lois -- I like this one, but I like Eloise as well

Lucina -- not sure about this one, I associate it with Lucinda, which I like

Josephine -- was going to name my daughter this when I read Little Women the first time; now that I've grown up, the name has lost its charm to me

Nellie -- LOVE

Amore -- would be a great middle name

Margaret -- eh, can take or leave it, Margot is the same

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • My grandmother's name was Lois, if that means anything.

Lucina is OK but I prefer Lucia.

Dislike Nellie b/c it makes me think of that mean girl on Little House on the Praire.

The rest are NMS. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love Estella!
  • My picks would be Estella, Josephine (my favorite), and Margaret.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Eloise is so pretty!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Meh.  I think they sound like old lady names, but I do like Josephine with a nn of Josie.
  • Lucina is nice, and it's not something you hear all the time. It's a beautiful name, and I think the history makes it even better. Love Amore as a mn.

Lucina Amore sounds like a winner!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Josephine or Margaret

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Margaret and Lucina...although I might go with Lucinda or Lucia instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Josephine Amore

Margaret Amore

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • I really like Josephine. It's just a classy name, through and through, for any age.

• Estella - I think a little old ladyish, but I do like StellaLois (I was thinking maybe Eloise?) - Like EloiseLucina - Love, as long as it's pronounced the proper Italian way.  Could also shorten to Lucy or LucieJosephine - Like this name, especially love nn JosieNellie - don't like at allAmore (my grandmother's MN, I was only thinking of using in the MN slot as well) - pretty mnMargaret (I much prefer Margot) - NMS, but pretty and classic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Estella and Josephine are my favorite.  I don't care for the others as much.  Amore is a cute mn though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"