Single Parents

Tips/Tricks for getting ready in the morning?

Some days, it takes 3+ hours to get from bed to my desk at work (and I have a 10 minute commute!) which just starts my day off feeling inefficient (not to mentioning tiring!). 

Between DS trying to eat the toilet paper off the roll when I forget to put it on the counter, throw toys into the shower while I'm in there, and chasing him around while I get us both ready, it takes FOR-EV-ER.

Besides getting up before LO and having as much prepped as possible the night before, what are your tips/tricks to make your morning routine go smoothly?

imageimage. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tips/Tricks for getting ready in the morning?

• My high chair and a handful of cheerios. Whenever R is awake when I am showering I stick her in her high chair with some food. It keeps her occupied for a while. Same with if I have to step outside for a minute, clean, or if I just need a break from chasing around a 10 month old. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • At 9 months, I'd strap them in a bouncy chair, jumperoo or exersaucer. At 2.5? I try to let my TV babysit, but they are too hyper for that. 

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I wish I could shower. It doesn't matter what I put him in or give him as soon as I start the shower he starts screaming. Which I don't get. He loves the shower and he has no problem when anyone else in the house takes a shower. I'm the only one that he does this too.

Like you said, I try to get as much done the night before as possible. Then I try to shower for a minute or two, as long as I smell clean I'm happy hahaha. Lastly we change and hopefully out the door. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do as much as I can the night before -- I pack the diaper bag for daycare, pick out our outfits, etc. I also get up early in the AM so I can make sure I'm 95% ready for work before DS gets up. Thankfully he sleeps until 7am like clockwork, so this routine works for us.

On weekends if I need to get ready while DS is awake, I usually put him in his high chair with some snacks. He can see me from the dining room and it works our perfectly.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"