Postpartum Depression
Options

anyone on celexa and pregnant?

My period is a few days late and so far all tests have been neg...but I have a feeling that I am probably pregnant.  Unfortunately, I am still on celexa from PPD from my second pregnancy two years ago.  I was going to wean myself off this month, but complications with my insurance and finding a new psychiatrists have postponed that.  There is a good chance I am pg, b/c my dh and I have unprotected sex pretty close to my expected ovulation.  I was just wondering is anyone else has taken celexa during pregnancy and if everything was okay?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: anyone on celexa and pregnant?

• Options
    I'm on it. Before TTC my ob said it was safe to keep taking during pregnancy. I'm 6 weeks now.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I just switched to it from Lexapro.    I was on Lexapro for about 5 years and it was just not working as well as it had.    I am TTC now with Donor Eggs and my RE as well as my Psych have decided that it would be better for me to be on Celexa or the like then nothing. 

I am miserable without the medication, horrible anxiety and mild depression.    I was on Lexapro with DD throughout my pregnancy and was fine.    I also breast fed her for 1 month while on it.    

I would try not to worry about it, I know it's hard! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on it.  I actually went on at the very beginning of my pregnancy because the hormones sent my anxiety through the roof.  It was miserable.  It absolutely helped and my psychiatrist feels that it is safe and the best thing for me.  My OB doesn't have problems with it either. 
  • Options
    I've been on Celexa the whole pregnancy and everything is going as planned. Talked to my psychiatrist well before planning to try and decided it was best to stay on it. Was able to reduce the dose a little though.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was on 20mg my entire 2nd pregnancy, and doubled to 40 the day he was born.  Owen is as healthy as a chubby little horse :)  He's perfect.  And I stayed mostly sane. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"