January 2011 Moms
Options

Do you have any regrets?

Do you have any regrets so far? Or things you wish you did differently? (can be light-hearted or heavy)

Re: Do you have any regrets?

• Options

I regret putting bottles/breast milk storage containers/etc. in the dishwasher. Now they have an ugly stain to them probably from the food in the dishwasher. Should have just done them by hand. 

• Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

I regret putting bottles/breast milk storage containers/etc. in the dishwasher. Now they have an ugly stain to them probably from the food in the dishwasher. Should have just done them by hand. 

I alternate, and mine get cloudy in the dishwasher and then clear up again after I hand wash them.

EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not getting LO more used to BM in a bottle. He did fine when I returned to work a few months ago and I pumped like crazy, then I quit my job to SAH so he became so used to just nursing. I still pump so he can have it mixed in his rice cereal but recently DH left LO with my ILs and a bottle while we had a little date to Starbucks and when we came back, we find that he all out refused his bottle and screamed to sleep. Needless to say that when he woke up, he was more than happy to nurse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not taking more pictures WITH Cooper.  I was going through his photo album the other day, and I realised all the photos are of just him.  I only have a few of us two or him and DH.  Starting now I'm taking more pics of US!

• Options
    I have one regret right now that just happened yesterday. My Dh's grandpa passed away last night and he never got to meet Addison face to face. We sent him a lot of pictures, but we never stopped in to see him, he was living in a nursing home. We live 2 hours away so when we went home we saw my parents, and DH's parents and that was it. I now and will always regret that they never got to meet. She was 5 months yesterday and it breaks my heart because of it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBrittDay03:

Not taking more pictures WITH Cooper.  I was going through his photo album the other day, and I realised all the photos are of just him.  I only have a few of us two or him and DH.  Starting now I'm taking more pics of US!

This. I have so many of DD but not as much of DS..but now we are taking more.

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MrsYamMrsYam member

I wish I would have at least tried to BF this time. I had such a horrible time with Olivia that I just decided before even having Alex that I wouldn't even try because I never wanted to go through that again.

I also wish I would take more pictures of us as a family. We have 2 total since she's been born. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejessjenks735:
    imageBrittDay03:

This. I have so many of DD but not as much of DS..but now we are taking more.

I will feel this way one day...but right now I'm so uncomfortable with my fat face that I don't even want to be in them. I better either lose more weight or just get over it because I will be sorry.

We gave a little brag book to my MIL and her friends are like "Where's your daughter-in-law?" I should be in it... 

• Options
    This will probably sound bad to a couple people, but I wish I would have switched to formula sooner. She just seems so much happier overall on formula.
  • Options

I wish that I hadn't bought so much crap before the baby came. From the time you become pregnant they drill it into your head that you need to get *everything* and be ready for baby to come at any minute. As a result, I have soooo much stuff that I've never used or only used a couple times. It was a lot of wasted money and I wish I had waited until I needed certain things before buying them.

• Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

I wish that I hadn't bought so much crap before the baby came. From the time you become pregnant they drill it into your head that you need to get *everything* and be ready for baby to come at any minute. As a result, I have soooo much stuff that I've never used or only used a couple times. It was a lot of wasted money and I wish I had waited until I needed certain things before buying them.

Haha! I almost wrote this same thing in my post! I must have **SUCKER** written across my forehead because I got it all!
  • Options

I regret having to return to work, and thus stop Breastfeeding. She was doing so great, and I just wasn't able to pump enough once I was back at work. She is now 100% FF and it really breaks my heart.

I also regret not taking a staged picture of her every month. I see everyone else's cute pics and I'm sad I didn't do that for her.  I mean I have a ton of pictures of her, but they just aren't in the same position, so you can't see her development as clearly... oh well.

• Options

so many things already on here, but I don't want to quote everyone...

wish I'd have tried harder to keep pumping BM for Simon instead of giving up so quickly since he couldn't nurse.

wish I'd done staged pics every month, we just started at 5 months old. Silly now...

wish I'd have done newborn pictures in those ridiculous hats.

wish I'd have cloth diapered from day 1.

lots of stuff.... oh well though!

• Options
    I regret the lack of formal portraits.  I always mean to get them taken and never get it done.  No formal baptism pictures or holy communion pictures.  Some formal Christmas pictures that always turn out so great say that I am going to get more taken.....but I never do. Bad mommy.
  • Options
    I regret not doing newborn pics! We do take tons of pics to make up for it, and we are all included in the pictures even though I feel fat. I know what it's like to regret not taking a pic so I just take them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"