Health & Exercise
Options

PP weight loss

I had my LO 7 weeks ago. I know that it hasn't been a long time but I kept getting told that BFing will help "melt the pounds off".  I will admit that I gained more than I should have (almost 50lbs.). I use the excuse that it was winter and I was extremely depressed.  I came home from the hospital at 170 and I'm only down to 165. I really thought that I would have lost more weight by now.  I eat healthy and I excersize a few times per week.  I try to walk when it is nice out and I do as little sitting around as possible.

The weight has been very hard for me to accept and I obsess over it. Before I had LO I was a pant size 6 and a dress size 4. Now I'm a pant size 11 and 14 dress (mostly do to my giant rack from BFing).  I spend too much time looking at my flaws and crying about the way my body looks.  DH has been amazingly supportive and daily tells me that he thinks I am beautiful and that his opinion is the only one that counts.   

I need some support or at least to know that I am not the only one out there who is having trouble with this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PP weight loss

• Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    Hate to say it but for some women the weight doesn't come off until they are done BF.  Before getting pregnant I was a size 4 and I gained 25 # with both pregnancy (I also had back to back babies).  I did not work out or really watch what I ate because I found when I did it would effect my supply and that was more important to me then weight.  So although I lost 15-20 within the first 4 weeks the last 5-10 lbs did not come off until @ 2 weeks after I was done BF (which was when they weaned themselves @ 10 months old) and that happened without exercising or changing diet.  Now you might not think 10# is much but I'm 5'1 was that was almost 2 dress sizes for me.  I understand how it may be hard for you but my advice would be to go to second hand store and buy a few jeans/pants in the next size up that way you can feel and look beautiful in your cloths and just enjoy this time.  In reality you're going to live @80-100 years and being a tad "overweight" for 1 of those years is such a tiny time when looking at the big picture and believe it or not but 20 years from now when you look at your pictures your going to see this precious sweet baby and not those dreaded extra pounds.  Best of luck to you, you're a Mom, it doesn't get more beautiful than that!!
  • Options
    BFing does burn calories but not a ton and it's very easy to eat enough to counteract any calorie burn. Only changing your eating can really make a difference. Try to fill up on things like veggies, etc, so that you feel full but get fewer calories. And be patient with yourself!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I BFed DS for 4 months, and it wasn't until after that that the weight came off more. I gained about 35 while pregnant. I'm back to my normal weight now, but some things are shifted, so I don't necessarily wear the same styles or look exactly the same. If you're eating well and exercising, you'll get there, but it sometimes takes time.

• Options
    I agree with pp that you need to wait until you are done nursing.  DS weaned at 22 months, so I had an extra 10 lbs of pre-pregnancy weight until after he weaned...and it still took time after that to lose the rest of the weight.  Of course, there are moments I don't like my body, but I also try to reframe it and look at the positives.  Plus..your body changes in wierd ways.  I still don't fit into all my prepregnancy clothes and my body just looks different. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"