North Carolina Babies
Options

What size bike w/ training wheels?

Looks like they come in 10-12 inch, 16 inch and 20 inch sizes but which size for a 4yo? I'm thinking the 16 inch but not sure. We are going to buy one this weekend so I will have a better idea once I see them in person but just curious if anyone has one already, what size did you get?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What size bike w/ training wheels?

• Options
    We got Liam a 12" bike for his 3rd birthday, and he is plenty big enough for it.  He's about 39 inches tall.  I would think you could go with 16", but hopefully you can tell better when you see them in person.  GL!  Liam looooves his bike! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Connor's is actually a 14 inch.  We got it at Wal-Mart.  If you go there to look at them it is the bright blue/green one.  We got it for his birthday last year and he rides it very well!  We LOVE it and it was reasonably priced too (about $6 more in the store than online).
    image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This isn't what you asked but we just got DS1 a balance bike.  It's a push bike that teaches balance. He LOVES it and the theory with these types of bikes is that you go from it straight to a regular bike (no training wheels).  The transition to a regular pedal bike is supposed to be easier with a push/balance bike than from training wheels to a regular bike.  DH did all the research on this one.  I was skeptical but DS1 is doing well with it.  Just another idea.

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"