Indiana Babies

NBR: Work Clothes

So I pretty much have zero fashion sense. However, I've been feeling especially frumpy since Connor was born and I started back to work. I am just under my pre-pregnancy weight, but my clothes don't fit well. My pants are too loose, my belly skin is still too saggy for a lot of nice fitted shirts, and I haven't updated my work wardrobe in probably 3 years. I'd rather spend money on the kids or the house. Plus, I've primarily been relying on nursing tanks with cardigans so far since I am pumping all day long, but I know this isn't the most attractive option. For my birthday, my mom is taking me on a shopping spree to try to remedy the situation. She is much more into clothes than I am, so she can help me pick some things out (sad but true), but I wanted to get some input from you guys on where to shop.

I don't have to wear a suit or anything but I can only wear pants (no skirts/dresses) and I have to wear closed-toed shoes (major bummer). In the past, I've relied on Loft and maybe some department store finds. Someone whose style I admire suggested New York and Company. Where else might you recommend I look for some cute, feminine work clothes?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Work Clothes

• rachesraches member
    I'm not much help because I buy almost all my clothes at Loft.  My second favorite store is Banana Republic.  I also occassionally find things at White House Black Market, The Limited, Gap, and Nordstrom.
    Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not overly trendy, but I usually get basic pieces from Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and Macy's that I can wear forever and then buy a few fun necklaces and scarves to change up my look. I think that adding one or two trendy, fun tops into the rotation can really spruce up your wardrobe, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not a fashionista. Most of my work clothes are from New York & Company. The clothes are pretty interchangeable and they always seem to have coupons too. If you go there you are going to want to try everything on. I wear from small to large there depending on the cut of the item. I also like Express. I'm not a stick of a girl and actually was able to find clothes there throughout my whole pregnancy. I like their shirts and cardigans for work. Oh and they are having crazy sales right now. I'm jealous of your shopping spree, have fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used to be such a J Crew girl, but they've become a little too trendy for me (not to mention really expensive)!  Land's End Canvas has some cute clothes.  I also like Macy's INC line of clothing.
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"