Hawaii Babies
Options

must be a sign...

a glitch in the Hawaiian Airlines booking website results in only DH getting booked on a return flight from our upcoming vacation - my reservation wasn't confirmed and now the flight "costs" twice as many miles, which we don't have.  Guess I am just not allowed to come home?

Re: must be a sign...

• Options
    LOL I think it's definitely a sign! Stay in paradise!
  • Options
    LOL I vote yes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    haha well as much as it's fun to think of staying there forever..... what are you guys going to do?? that's quite a predicament!
  • Options

what a mess.  I'm still fighting with them.  When we booked the tickets first class and coach were the same "price" so we booked first (only coming home - coach on the way b/c it was much less miles) maybe is a was a pricing error, but they are honoring DH's ticket - just say they can't sell another one at that miles price.

It is obviously a problem in their system, it shouldn't even be possible to book a flight for 2 people and only one gets to go home (same confirmation number).  Now they can't (won't) honor the same first class fare for me.  My options were 1. cancel John's flight and both re-book coach or 2. BUY (money not miles) a coach fare and use 25k to upgrade.  (or I guess use twice as many miles to book a normal prices first class fare).

I went ahead and booked a coach ticket with miles - so I really can't complain too much since I do now have a way home, but because it was obviously a problem with their system I still want to pursue the issue, and if it's not fixed I guess I will bump DH out of first, because we need to sit together.

• Options
    do you have a confirmation email or anything showing what you booked and how much you paid in miles?  glad you have a way home (i guess Stick out tongue hah, staying in HI sounds nice), but it sucks they're not honoring the fare when it was their mistake!  good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSanHawaii08:
    do you have a confirmation email or anything showing what you booked and how much you paid in miles?  glad you have a way home (i guess Stick out tongue hah, staying in HI sounds nice), but it sucks they're not honoring the fare when it was their mistake!  good luck

I have the email that shows DH got the fare for 40k :)

and one confirmation number that shows 2 of us going and only 1 returning.  That shouldn't even be possible on one booking, right?  I (attempted) to book all 4 flights (2 departing/2 returning) in the same transaction.  And ended up with 2 departing/1 returning.  That is what is so messed up about it - even if there was only 1 "promo" first class rate it shouldn't have come up in the search when I put in 2 passengers. 

I noticed it immediately.  I always get anxious when I book airfare until I confirm that I actually entered everything correctly.  I wish I had a screen shot when it showed the miles + $10 total for 4 flights because I know that was correct b/c I only had 400ish miles to spare! (and I got to select seats and all that jazz.

Once it was booked my miles account showed 40400ish and I was like, what?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"