Baby Showers
Options

Need Help ASAP re: shower favors

Ok so here is the sitch....  My mom is having my baby shower for me Sunday and we were going to make cookies using royal icing making them look like baseballs.  Well its rainy and humid here and the royal icing is not drying and its making the cookies soggy. 

So we need to come up with something for our favors for Sunday ASAP.  Any ideas?  I want to keep it affordable for her because there are about 80 people going.  Any and all suggestions grately appreciated.  TIA

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need Help ASAP re: shower favors

• Options

You can still make the cookies -- make sure you use meringue powder instead of egg whites, and make it on the stiffer side (use less water, and add an extra tablespoon of meringue powder). 

Turn on the A/C while you decorate, and give the icing 8 to 12 hours to dry (which you'd need to do, no matter what climate you're in).  

• Options
    If you don't want to mess with the icing, you could just make plain cookies and put them in cellophane bags with a cute tag or sticker to say thanks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I would just skip them.  If you have to have favors, go buy some kind of candy and go with that. 
  • Options

Edit:  this was supposed to be a quote to LuvMyFurbaby 

I did that use the meringue powder instead of egg whites I was affraid using more would alter the taste.  But maybe I will try that.  A lot of the cookies the icing slid off and I let them dry over night and all day today.  UGHHHHH!!!  I really liked the idea I may give it another whirl..  Thanks for the advice!

And thanks to all the other ladies

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cellophane bags, mini baby ruth's (to go along with the baseball theme) and a favor tag tied with yarn.
  • Options
    Most candy stores have little chocolates wrapped in tinfoil that look like baseballs.  You could put those in bags or small candy boxes instead of baseball-looking cookies.  Also, you could use the edible cake decorations at Michaels that are shaped like baseballs- the ones you would put on cupcakes or something.  Stick them on each cookie with a dollup of frosting.
  • Options

How about store-bought chocolate chip cookies in a clear bag with baseball-themed ribbon?

Or you can do peanuts - in the shell.  Like they sell at ballparks. GL!

• Options

Brownie pops dipped in white chocolate could look like baseballs, but that may be too much work.

Michael's has a lot of chocolate molds including some baseball themed.  It's super easy and relatively cheap.  Use white chocolate for baseball pops and wrap in cellophane bags.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"